New Emperor

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
Hello,

Most scorpions are considered to be ambush predators, unless they are really hungry (or males looking for females) they'll sit and wait until something crosses their path.
If you continually drop the cricket in front of him, he has no reason to leave his burrow! (why go get takeaway when you can get room service? :p)
That's why if you want to see him more, you should just put the cricket in the tank with him (with both jumping legs) and let him work for his food!

when you get a larger collection its more fun as you have lots of scorpions to check on!
For emperors/forest scorpions, they only really get interesting when you have a large group of them (5+ adults or mother+offspring), then there is always something
happening in the tank!

so my advice if you're not short on cash:
wait a week or so, make sure you dont have the same problem as last time, then you can buy 2-3 more P.imperator to join your pet
Ideally buy them off a reputable buyer online, not sure what it's like in the US but here in Europe the quality is 100x better than in your
walk-in pet shops, and usually the price is better too
Where should I buy them online?
How much can a 10 gallon hold? 2 adults at max? Because, all I have is a 10 gallon..

I have no crickets. They smell and annoy me. I have a growing colony of dubias and some mealworms.

How would I also make it so my dubia roaches don't burrow? I can put them in my tank, but they would burrow and hide from the scorp.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Well if you scorpion can dig a burrow, it can dig out a dubia. Also, whenever they dug on me, they would just bury themselves enough so you can't see them. Scorpions don't hunt by eyesight so that doesn't even matter. They will only dig dip if you give them something to start on.

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
Well if you scorpion can dig a burrow, it can dig out a dubia. Also, whenever they dug on me, they would just bury themselves enough so you can't see them. Scorpions don't hunt by eyesight so that doesn't even matter. They will only dig dip if you give them something to start on.
Haha, okay.
Is there any way I can like take off the Dubia's legs so they can't dig?
I'm just worried that they got lost and die. And attract mites.
Hum, I can't find any leftover shells or stuff from the Dubia roach or the mealworm. Did the scorp eat both of them completely? Or should I look closer.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Haha, okay.
Is there any way I can like take off the Dubia's legs so they can't dig?
I'm just worried that they got lost and die. And attract mites.
Hum, I can't find any leftover shells or stuff from the Dubia roach or the mealworm. Did the scorp eat both of them completely? Or should I look closer.
I used to pull of the first 2 legs of the dubia. My scorpion would leave little balls of leftovers in his hide that I would let the isopods eat.

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
I used to pull of the first 2 legs of the dubia. My scorpion would leave little balls of leftovers in his hide that I would let the isopods eat.
I can't get any Isopods except in my backyard. Under rocks, and such.
Should I get like 3 and put them in?
Used to... Why don't you do it anymore?
I guess next Tuesday ill feed it, by taking off the two legs of the Dubia and letting it walk around so my emp can hunt at night.

---------- Post added 05-25-2013 at 09:34 PM ----------

I guess next Tuesday ill feed it, by taking off the two legs of the Dubia and letting it walk around so my emp can hunt at night.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince

You should get them where there aren't any pesticides like a forest preserve. Then breed those until there is a lot of offspring. Get rid of the ones you collected, then throw them in.

I don't pull the legs off anymore because he died.

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
You should get them where there aren't any pesticides like a forest preserve. Then breed those until there is a lot of offspring. Get rid of the ones you collected, then throw them in.

I don't pull the legs off anymore because he died.
Mhm. Okay. I'll try to do that.
I'll get a roach some day and take off the front two legs and let the scorp hunt at night, fun.

shebeen

Arachnobaron
Culturing isopods is easy. Collect a dozen (or more) from outside. Place them in a Tupperware container with 1 inch of moist coco-fiber or peat or potting soil (pesticide free) on the bottom. Soak a piece of corrugated cardboard in water for 5 minutes and place in the container. Add one or two pieces of cat food or dog food kibble. Poke a half dozen 1mm holes in the lid and attach. Mist the enclosure a couple times a week. The kibble will probably mold, that's ok. The isopods will feed on the kibble, the mold and the cardboard. Once the isopods start producing offspring, you can use the first and subsequent generations to seed your Emperor tank.

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
I'll try that.
Thank GOd for putting that mesh I bought to separate the Eco earth and the rock false bottom.. It literally dug down and hit the mesh. I was feeding it a small roach tonight and it went into the cork bark hide. I lifted the log to clean any remains. Nothing there! It ate everything from the mealworms and roach it had! No poop either. I saw some black mesh, so I got some substrate and patted it over the burrow where it hit the mesh so it looks nicer and so it doesn't hit it hopefully. It's pretty big though! The burrow is bigger than my hand reaching to it, I couldn't feel the end of it, lol. I'm happy that this scorp didn't die, is active at night, and is perfectly fine!

Greeting
We have any quantity of scorpions for sale.
The Scorpio race is a native of Iran.
If any one buy these poisons
I can send you an analysis of poisons
Best regards