1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Emperor.... I think. :)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Buggzter, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Buggzter

Buggzter Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi everyone! My family just picked up a new emperor scorp from a local, nice price too! Due to so many mis-IDs out there, once been looking around to be sure. I am about 80% on emperor, 20% no clue.

Hubby is out buying the proper substrate stuff now, so forgive the hermit crab travel cage.

This is our second scorp, first is a dune so very different environments needed for sure! New adventure in invert keeping. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnoknight Active Member

Congratulations that is a Pandinus ssp easily identified by the heavy cowhide leather granulation on its claws. Aside from the very rare H.swammerdami and other rare Heterometrus ssp, no commonly offered Asian Forest Scorpion has any of this heavy cowhide leather granulation. This little guy can easily fetch $50-60 if sold by a knowledgeable seller.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. Buggzter

Buggzter Arachnopeon

Thank you so much! Picked it up for only $30, so I'm pretty stoked! Looking forward to studying this scorp as it hunts and explores. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnoknight Active Member

You're welcome, Emps are awesome pets. One of the largest and gentlest in the world. If you have any more questions here is the perfect forum. ;)