New divided desert scorp setup, need help

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, so picture first :biggrin:

split left side.jpg split right side.jpg

Now, the problem is, there is a tiny gap between the sliding screen lid and the divider. In the past this was never an issue, since they can't climb smooth surfaces, but I had the foresight to put only one in the tank to see if she would find a way through. Aaaaaaand she did. Any idea what I could use to easily narrow the gap enough to prevent her from getting through without keeping the lid from closing all the way?

split gap.jpg

Buddylee79

Arachnopeon
adhesive backed weather stripping, and cut to size. try a hardware store...good luck

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is the divider plexiglass?
Yes it is.

The weather stripping idea isn't a bad one. The idea I had the other day was to take a plastic tube and cut it along the edge and glue or silicone it over top. That would make it flexible enough to compress as the lid goes on, but not soft enough the scorps could squeeze though. Any thoughts?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well you could just take out the plexiglass, and get another peice that is cut to fit better. I would then take and put a bead of hot-glue on the top of it, and set the screen lid on. Then wait for it to dry, and then take off the lid, and make sure it gets extremely good fitting.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well you could just take out the plexiglass, and get another peice that is cut to fit better. I would then take and put a bead of hot-glue on the top of it, and set the screen lid on. Then wait for it to dry, and then take off the lid, and make sure it gets extremely good fitting.
Re-cutting isn't a fix, because the rear is higher than the front due to the way the lid connects. I don't know how well cutting at an angle would actually work.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I cut a 12 inch vinyl tube from Lowes down the side and placed the tubing along the edge of the divider. Works just fine, no critters rossing over.