New Choices, any input?

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For the big tank, i would definitely vote for a L. parahybana
or an A. geniculata. They are both good big active display tarantulas. My L. parahybana is constantly on the move, hunting, earth moving or just plain exploring. One of my most interesting Ts to watch, i can't wait til it reaches full size.

Cheers,

Dan.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
hey bill--

i'll give you my pterror--but you owe me a favor!
:eek: Guess I'd better keep that pan out.

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
...and all props go to holley for the word "pterror." i just stole it from her!

of course, shelby is probably the one who _really_ made it up! (clever girl, she is!)
LOL...actually I heard it from someone else, can't take credit, and as for Shelby, she prefers 'orange bitey things'. LOL

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
ROFL =D

For a sling I agree with a cyanopube...pub...es...crap, "copy...paste"....cyanopubescens .

I think he was talking about another cyano, Ephebopus cyanognathus, blue fang. That's even more difficult than cyanopubescens...:)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey Bill

Sling: Either C.cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue) or a P.cambridgie (Trinidad Chevron)

Subadult: I would get an A.geniculata or a Goliath Pinkfoot

Good Luck on your choices!

James

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
I think he was talking about another cyano, Ephebopus cyanognathus, blue fang. That's even more difficult than cyanopubescens...:)
Yeah, that's the ticket. Now how the heck do you say it.
Cyan-og-nathus? Cyan-o-nathus?

Bill

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anyone have a 'pubes'? I think I need a multi-colored-psycho-webbing T...I keep looking at the pics and somehow feel there is a void in my little group.

Please, compare temperment to something I've already owned (rosea,smithi,avicularia,seemanni). Temperment is mostly what I'm concerned with. Temp, humidity, etc. I can look up by myself on one of the many nice caresheets online (and on this site).

Danke,
N.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
@Bill - it's the second pronunciation

@nocturnalpulsem - GBBs are a nervous, fast spider but not aggressive at all in my experience. So long as they're not disturbed, they spend most of their time hanging out in the open. Very simple to care for since they like it completely dry. They're also a fast grower, mine started off as a 2nd instar sling 7 months ago and is already approaching 4".