New Camera

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I too like the effect and was curious how you obtained it

Another question - have you ever used Adobe's Lightroom and if so, what's your opinion of it.
Lightroom is a fantastic program but adobe doesn't play well with NEF's, that's the only reason I don't use it. In order to get the best results from a nikon file I'm basically bound to the ever so slow NX3.

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You guys really get it, that's fantastic.

I agree that one should carry a camera everywhere, the crumpler is always on my shoulder. It's to the point that I feel strange walking around the house without the extra weight.

The world is full of beauty in various forms, sometimes it's hard to grasp and at other times it is plain to see. Having a medium to capture that single moment in time, that speck of fascination held forever is something that I treasure.

Thanks,
Mike

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm just learning how to work with Lightroom - it's fairly intuitive so far

Keep sharing your pics - you're good

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you enjoy life you're always looking for a moment to capture ;]

Better yet... if you're always looking to capture the moment, you will enjoy life. :]

All I'm saying is camera or not, stop and soak in the moment.. I love how being into taking pictures trains you to do that.
I don't know; all I've learned from spending some time with a camera is to look for attractive scenes everywhere. This habit is mostly just annoying when I don't bring my camera on a walk, because I like to think when I walk, not 'auto-compose scenes' :p

Last edited:

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when i go for a walk i'm in my own little world.
its amazing though when you suddenly realise that you are looking at a beautiful scene and i spend a few minutes just taking it in.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didnt mean that every pretty scene need be photographed. I also didnt mean to imply that photogaphing something should substitute for just appreciating the scene with the eye

I meant that if you like photography, you can not predict when some scene may present itself which you would like to capture with the camera, and that's it's a pisser to not have one available when such an occasion arises