New C. vittatus

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some of you now I acquired 2 C. vittatus yesterday from Chad. today I got back from my physical therapy and I looked in their cages and I noticed the gravid in the process of giving birth as I am typeing 2 have made it to her back! Any advice would be appreciated but I will be spending whateve time my wife allows viewing the threads.

Wayne H

PS Chad you are now an uncle again!!:D ;P

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was watching her for awhile its seems some were stillborn and she ate some. Looking on her back it seems there 10 or 11 young on her. When she moves to the other side of her cage I want to scoop out the dead young and get a closer look at them. unfortunately I didn't have time to put her in the 5 gallon tank because I wanted to do a couple more things to it on Sat. I will keep a close eye on the young and when they start coming off her back I will put them in the 5 gal. tank. Also in the near future(when I get this child tax credit check) I will set up another 5 gallon cage and get 4 or 5 more adults and keep them in a communal tank.

Wayne H Sr.

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Wayne,

What are the chances of that happening...

She looked gravid but I didn't see any embryos between the pleural membranes and mesosoma plates when I sent her but obviously something else was going on inside of her c/o of 'still borns'. The other female I sent you delivered young near three or so weeks and I have the instars in the same container. I woudn't recommend removing instars untill a few molts have proceeded. There will be natural mortality with individuals and cannibalism when grouped together but as I suggested, keep the substrate in partial moist and or at least the inside of the living conditions moist/with humidity in the enclosed atmosphere.

Talk with you later and may others members provide suggestions...

Cheers !

Sinc. Chad