New C. versicolor enclosure.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Im about to get a C. versicolor so i made this enclosure. Do you think it needs more holes for cross ventilation, or should i leave like that?
2 - GxBPt38.jpg 2 - GxBPt38.jpg 1 - tqK3vld.jpg

Attachments

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm assuming it's going to be a spiderling? If so those vent holes look pretty big, make sure the carapace is bigger than the holes before you put it in.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
I'm assuming it's going to be a spiderling? If so those vent holes look pretty big, make sure the carapace is bigger than the holes before you put it in.
Yes it's going to be sling, i'll make sure it cant escape, maybe ill fill a little the holes and make some more.
thank you!

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
I use a 5/16” drill bit for my Avics and similar when drilling into enclosures similar to that. A 2i versicolor can’t squeeze out.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
The little guy came a little bit tinier than I expected, so I have this other 2 enclosures, which one you like the most?

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The little guy came a little bit tinier than I expected, so I have this other 2 enclosures, which one you like the most?
I would use the slab of cork and add some leaves for webbing/hiding.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
I would use the slab of cork and add some leaves for webbing/hiding.
Thank you i'll do that, also do you think there's enough ventilation on the white cap bottle?
Here's a pic of it, with a little water dish.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thank you i'll do that, also do you think there's enough ventilation on the white cap bottle?
Here's a pic of it, with a little water dish.
If all of the dots on the clear plastic are holes, yes. (Sometimes it's hard to tell if they're holes or water drops.)

I usually put a few holes in the lid too to help the air circulate and to let me drip water onto webbing without removing the lid.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
If all of the dots on the clear plastic are holes, yes. (Sometimes it's hard to tell if they're holes or water drops.)

I usually put a few holes in the lid too to help the air circulate and to let me drip water onto webbing without removing the lid.
Yeah those are holes, i didn't mist the inside cause i dont want to get a stuffy interior i think i should be ok just having the water dish, also yes the lid has some holes in it to help with ventilation and watering.
i just hope it decides to make is hide on the cork bark and not on the lid.