New BIG gal

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For the last 3 yrs I have been steadily aquiring as many avi species as I can. Whenever possible/available I have been getting large females in hopes of building a solid breeding stock.

Well when I saw bgbT post this gal up for sale, I could not let her pass. I was just hoping she was still available when I sent my pm.

Well here she is a beautiful A sp peru purple.

Loved the note on the lid.

Don't worry, I WILL take good care of her:worship:

Unpacked carefully

When I unpacked her, I went to take a close-up pic, and she started to bolt on me, so I placed her straight into her home.

Now to cut a piece of cork bark and her home is finished.

My avi collection is almost complete:rolleyes: maybe

PIG-

Last edited:

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool! I just aquired a new juvi versicolor. I love the Avicularias.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Shes beautiful! I hate you PIG! ;P

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome Pig. I saw her for sale and I had a feeling you would get her.

:)

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im Glad you Enjoy her.

She gave me a little bit of trouble packing her.She bolted up my arm on to my back,And we had a stand off for a few minutes,But then she Decided to cooperate and Settled in Nicely in the deli cup.

Thanks

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Im Glad you Enjoy her.

She gave me a little bit of trouble packing her.She bolted up my arm on to my back,And we had a stand off for a few minutes,But then she Decided to cooperate and Settled in Nicely in the deli cup.

Thanks
She surprised me, the only speed demon avis I have are the A purpurea and the A diversipes, but I expected her to come out slowly, boy was I WRONG.

Def faster than I expected.

And Thank You.

PIG-

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did you make that enclosure yourself? I have only two avics so far but i have them in not so pretty containers from walmart. I wouldlike two set up like that . any advice?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Did you make that enclosure yourself? I have only two avics so far but i have them in not so pretty containers from walmart. I wouldlike two set up like that . any advice?
Yup, I made it, and a number of folks have asked me to post a vid/pics of the process. I had intended on making some either later this winter or in the spring, but with so many folks asking, I'm gonna order another sheet of acrylic next week (its only 2 min from my house) and I will post a detail pic thread on the step by step process.

I have to order hinges and hasps and wait for the sheet to be delivered, 3/16th acrylic has to be ordered so I have to wait. Within 3 weeks I should have everything I need.

Just watch the announcement section and hopefully they will make it a sticky so folks can take a stab at making their own.

This is what they looked like w/out doors, hinges or hasps.

PIG-

Last edited:

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am definitely jealous, but I know that you of all people will appreciate her and care for her properly :) I can't wait till my minatrix finally grows up!

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. I'm very envious, she's lovely!

I'll definitely keep a look out for your tutorial! My friend could probably then make one and hoppppefully then proceed in teaching me how also. :p (I'm pretty clumsy, so I'm not sure if that could be a concern while making one. haha)

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am definitely jealous, but I know that you of all people will appreciate her and care for her properly :) I can't wait till my minatrix finally grows up!
Thanks.
Regarding minatrix, I have 3 ladies that have just now hit about 3", it has been almost 2yrs from slings. I'm also waiting on a male to mature, he is growing even slower than the gals.

This is one avi that won't rush growing:}

PIG-

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I look forward to your update! I can't wait to learn how to build my own!

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She's a real beauty, that's for sure!!! Congrats!!

I look forward to that tutorial. I'll have to bookmark it though, because my mass enclosure building project is set for the winter. :p

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks.
Regarding minatrix, I have 3 ladies that have just now hit about 3", it has been almost 2yrs from slings. I'm also waiting on a male to mature, he is growing even slower than the gals.

This is one avi that won't rush growing:}

PIG-
Pig, do your female minatrix have large opisthosoma (don't know the latin plural, ugh)? Mine has a very large abdomen (baby got some major back!). Just wondering if that's normal (and no, I'm not attempting to powerfeed). She's on the same schedule as my other specimens in her size category, and none of them look like that. The only time she looks "normal" is immediately following a molt. Then after the first meal, she explodes into the plus size category :)

yltanisaac

Arachnopeon
Wao.. she's pretty man. I love ur acrylic tanks. Real awesome. Hope your tutorial comes out faster!@!