New babies

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

This month's scorpion additions include three U. mordax, one freebie P. baergi, three U. vittatus, and four H. junceus.

One loss as well. I noticed one of the males in my C. gracilis communal had died. He's got no signs of trauma and it doesn't look like he was chewed on, so I believe it was just old age. He was a wild-caught specimen I've had for a few months.

RIP, little dude.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod

This month's scorpion additions include three U. mordax, one freebie P. baergi, three U. vittatus, and three H. junceus.

One loss as well. I noticed one of the males in my C. gracilis communal had died. He's got no signs of trauma and it doesn't look like he was chewed on, so I believe it was just old age. He was a wild-caught specimen I've had for a few months.

RIP, little dude.
Obviously the like isn't for the death of your little one.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunate loss of the male C. gracilis. Nice additions to the collection with regards to the rest.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
You collection of scorpions keeps growing at an alarming rate.... it's scary how quick the addiction can consume you hehehe
Awesome Collection and sorry for your male gracilis' departure

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Forgive my ignorance about the species you keep; I live in Australia, does the U. stand for Uradacus?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
You collection of scorpions keeps growing at an alarming rate.... it's scary how quick the addiction can consume you hehehe
Awesome Collection and sorry for your male gracilis' departure
My tarantula collection grew faster, but then I make sure to get multiple slings of a species to increase the chances of ending up with a female. Scorpions -are- very neat little inverts though. I enjoy observing them and watching them eat is brutal.

Forgive my ignorance about the species you keep; I live in Australia, does the U. stand for Uradacus?
No need to be forgiven, we're all clueless until we learn something right? It actually stands for Uroctonus. Or if you mean the U. vittatus, that's Uroplectes.

Last edited:

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Lovely additions for sure and sorry for the loss of the male :/ Fortunately, if you have other C. gracilis, hopefully another will mature to a male (these guys breed easier and faster than rabbits lol)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Lovely additions for sure and sorry for the loss of the male :/ Fortunately, if you have other C. gracilis, hopefully another will mature to a male (these guys breed easier and faster than rabbits lol)
I actually have a C. gracilis communal, three females and two males. Down to one male now.

Great scorpions.

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Thanks, I keep quite a few Urodacus species, I wasn't sure if they occurred in other countries . I thought maybe they might be in Asia and be in the pet trade

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Btw , clueless is a bit rough! You're the one not using protocol when listing scientific names! :)

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Here's a couple of my babies :)
Uradacus yaschenkoi from the Murray Mallee region South Australia. I collected them myself and keep 4 together in a 14" tank. They get along fine so far (8 mths),holding meetings and often sharing burrows. Going by the chart in Mark Newtons book, they are second instar little yasch - Copy.JPG little yasch 2 - Copy.JPG

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Btw , clueless is a bit rough! You're the one not using protocol when listing scientific names! :)
Haha, well I myself am still learning how to spell scorpion names. I can spell Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens without blinking but the scientific scorpion names are still a work in progress.

It's alright to be clueless. I'm clueless when it comes to Uradacus spp. But now I know they're cute, from Australia, need sandy substrate, and can be kept communally so I guess I'm not clueless anymore!

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Haha, well I myself am still learning how to spell scorpion names. I can spell Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens without blinking but the scientific scorpion names are still a work in progress.

It's alright to be clueless. I'm clueless when it comes to Uradacus spp. But now I know they're cute, from Australia, need sandy substrate, and can be kept communally so I guess I'm not clueless anymore!
Without predictive text I'd be struggling to spell yaschenkoi lol.
Here's another fact about the little darlings, when in defensive mode they can spray their venom into an attackers eyes! And they are very skittish and get defensive easily, so rehousing can be fun! :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Without predictive text I'd be struggling to spell yaschenkoi lol.
Here's another fact about the little darlings, when in defensive mode they can spray their venom into an attackers eyes! And they are very skittish and get defensive easily, so rehousing can be fun! :)
I love fusssy scorpions. My Heterometrus petersii male fights the water when I mist his enclosure.

KYguy

Arachnopeon
Will my C. gracilis thive in the same substrate I use for my H. junceus? 70/30 coco pete /sand mix?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Will my C. gracilis thive in the same substrate I use for my H. junceus? 70/30 coco pete /sand mix?
Yep ! That's the same mix I used when I use to keep C gracilis and worked great
Same temps and humidity also

KYguy

Arachnopeon
Awesome man, you have been my biggest help getting back into scorpions. Also wanted to let you know. That those eight H. Junceus. I got from you seem to be doing great. Just shy on the eating part. But they seem to all be eating regularly, when its left with them over night.