New babies to the family!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my fiance got a leopard gecko for his birthday and I fell in love with it and had to get myself one. He got another too, so we put them two together and his first one is by herself.
This first one is his present he calls, Precious

Attachments

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my sweetheart Shelby. My sister and brother n-law have a reptile shop here in town and I keep getting hooked on these lizards. Pretty soon I will need a bigger house:D

Attachments

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is Eric's sweetheart Niobe. A yellow throat plated lizard that is such a sweet thing. It loves to sit on your shoulder and be taken for walks.

Attachments

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes them little geckos have such neat colors that I just couldn't help myself, plus they aren't as fast as getting away from you as my iguana is. She has her spells where she will fall asleep on my chest sitting in the chair and then she has her days when she wants to run and jump out of my hand. She is learning though that when she does that she gets grounded for a day!!!!!!

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool!

I wanna get a gecko sometime soon. Im thinking a Tokay would be a good one, because I love big animals. Even though they are aggressive, I just like to look at my pets, not hold them or anything:)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Scorpio, yes they also have quite a few of the Tokays. But I'm here to tell you aggressive doesn't cover them guys. They even make this sound that is so cool and I can't quite describe it except its a cross between a dog barking and a dolphin talking. They are neat though because they have different colors of them. Just onery little things but if you don't have to hold them I'd say go for it just watch your fingers if you have to change their water. They don't like intruders and will jump and bite.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I need some space for a 20 gallon tank though. Im assuming they like high spaces, so I couldnt keep them in a short cage. Im thinking of gettign a few more t's before this gecko, and I also want a pacman frog, but the gecko will eventually happen in time:)

As for the bite, does it hurt, or is it just like a quick little snake bite?

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you are talking about leo geckos it doesnt hurt at all..they dont have any teeth..lol it is just a little nip..

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, were talking about tokays.

I just remembered I have a 20 gallon reptarium that might work well vertically. We'll have to see:?

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by scorpio
Yeah, I need some space for a 20 gallon tank though. Im assuming they like high spaces, so I couldnt keep them in a short cage. Im thinking of gettign a few more t's before this gecko, and I also want a pacman frog, but the gecko will eventually happen in time:)

As for the bite, does it hurt, or is it just like a quick little snake bite?
Hi Scorpio,
When we first got the tokay, I went to give them some water and one latched onto my finger. It didn't hurt real bad. I think he was trying to warn me to stay away. The very next day we found 2 eggs in the cage. I would think if they wanted to hurt, they could. I felt some razor sharp teeth, she just didn't use them to bite me hard. Thank goodness, Pam