New avic/cage critique

Bluebird5591

Arachnopeon
20190513_203407.jpg
I just recieved an avic avic as a gift, I've had a rosea for about ten years but this is my first avic and want to make sure he/she's happy. She's about three inches measured diagonally from front to back leg, this is the set up i just put together for her, is there anything I'm missing? I also put a few extra vent holes opposite the lid (about 8), not a lot because I'm afraid the plastic might crack, plus it seems the lid offers pretty good ventilation, but can add more if need be.Tia.

Attachments

Perry Barnes

Arachnopeon
View attachment 308325
I just recieved an avic avic as a gift, I've had a rosea for about ten years but this is my first avic and want to make sure he/she's happy. She's about three inches measured diagonally from front to back leg, this is the set up i just put together for her, is there anything I'm missing? I also put a few extra vent holes opposite the lid (about 8), not a lot because I'm afraid the plastic might crack, plus it seems the lid offers pretty good ventilation, but can add more if need be.Tia.
Looks good i love my avicularia she is an awesome feeder and a gorgeous girl here she is having her lunch

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Perry Barnes

Arachnopeon
Thank you shes a bit different from what i usually keep most of my collection are old worlds so a bit different from her shes a bit nicer lol

Theneil

Arachnoprince
looks decent to me. I believe i see a water dish disguised as a leaf? if its not a water dish i would be sure to put one in there.

My main concern with the setup is the wood. IF it is the kind i think it is, it is REALLY dense (hard and heavy) and sometimes has slightly pointy bits on it. IF so, make sure that there is nothing too pointy and personally i would make sure to secure it somehow so it cannot shift and squish the T if the enclosure is picked up or bumped.

i would also recommend a double check of the lid for any holes that may be large enough for escaping.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like you did your homework.

Arboreal setup? Check
Clutter at the top for webbing? Check
Decent ventilation? Check
Substrate on the dry side with a water dish? Check

The wood looks like mopani and it should be secure under it's own weight and angled like that, but you could always pile up some substrate around the base to help stabilize it. All in all, its miles ahead of most other enclosures I've seen from new Avic keepers. Should make for one happy T.

Thanks,
--Matt