New Asian Forest Scorpion potentially gravid ? (Pic)

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
Hey guys I haven’t been on here since my first Asian forest affectionately known as blackie chan passed on.

Today my new guy/gal arrived via post and rather than bother it much while it’s settling in I have decided to wait to sex it until a bit further down the road.

However I have noticed that the abdomen is very swollen and this could Obviously potentially be either it’s a bit of a chubby dude or...it’s gravid (shock horror)

Anyone with more experience able to make a more accurate diagnosis?

Many thanks

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Im no scorpion expert although I have scorpions myself. It just seems to be fat to me, but someone better might be able to help.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
The only reason I wasn't 100% is because there's no picture of the pectines. I made my guess by the claws and her girth, which for this species is pretty accurate, but not 100%.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
The only reason I wasn't 100% is because there's no picture of the pectines. I made my guess by the claws and her girth, which for this species is pretty accurate, but not 100%.
that’s the exact problem I’m having, she’s huge and looks gravid I’m trying to let her settle in before I try handling to check the pectines in a week or so I will herd her into a transparent box and look at her from underneath.

But I’m assuming she is female because if she isn’t then he is one fat ****.