New additions and first 'escape'

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Funny story, :) those little critters can be full of surprises. I also just experienced an escape. I changed my Smith's soil yesterday and i thought I'd let the terrarium out in day light and exposed to a direct light with the afternoon/evening sun. I also left a very small gap at the bottom of the sliding glass to let more air circulation when I left this morning.
As I came back home after work 30 min ago I couldn't find my Princess in her terrarium and started freaking out... "damn!! little bitch got away"... I just turned my head to the left and saw her cosy resting in the plastic box I use when I clean her terrarium. All in all she just moved 40 cm away from her original box. More than the scare, I am really awed at the power it had to lift the glass... View attachment 243109

That's the gap I left

View attachment 243110

And there she was resting :)
Take care with leaving the enclosure in direct sunlight as it will cause the inside of the enclosure to heat up way past what a lot of Ts can handle. I make it a point to never leave a T enclosure near direct sunlight and vents as both can cause big problems.

Tarantulas can get thru some very tight spots. You'd be surprised what can go through that 1 inch gap.

Wuuushot

Arachnopeon
Completely right...
I didn't realise she could squeeze her abdomen to that point

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Was I drunk when I wrote this?? Lol. I did not have to wake up the fiance...I Almost had to...No idea why I said I did. LMAO!! (it must have been the wine confusing me...)
haha this cracked me up, I thought I read that wrong too lmao, whatever your drinking I want some of that! ;)

Leila

Arachnobaron
haha this cracked me up, I thought I read that wrong too lmao, whatever your drinking I want some of that! ;)
Man, LOL! I just reread that old post of mine earlier today and was all *??????* :rofl::rofl: Whatever. I still blame the wine..:wacky:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
my instincts tell me to keep my hand away from spiders so it made this a little more of a headache.
You are right to be wary. Better not to handle them bare handed, even in this situation. Catch cups are our best friends. ;)

@Leila I think I recall that story.