Species Aphonopelma chalcodes

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
DSC_1950.2.jpg DSC_1928.2.jpg DSC_1936.2.jpg DSC_1948.2.jpg DSC_1932.jpg

A. Chalcodes are still the sweetest little things ever. Even if the New River Rust Rump title is kinda gimmicky.

I would love to get my hands on a couple more males. I wanna push real hard to breed
these guys. I love them sooo!!!!!!

Here is a our favorite Tarantula out of about 900. Her name is a Portia.
Out of everything we have....this is our favorite. She came with one less leg than normal... but her attitude makes up for it.

She's responsible for taking the fear away from many persons who didn't understand and were afraid. If there were more of her out there in circulation, this hobby would explode.

You can hand-feed her a cricket and she'll clean her hairs/fangs in your lap all day long.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
My a. chalcodes, Sasha, is similarly a dear sweetheart. This makes her one of my favorite, maybe my favorite of 50 T's, personality-wise; the Euthalus sp. Red is the only contender for the favorite handling T I have compared to her.

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
IMG_4585.JPG IMG_4691.JPG Since it is almost the end of the year I wanted to show off my A. chalcodes growth. Shelob finally came out again, she's been in her burrow since the end of Sept. When I caught her in spring ( around March?) she was skinnier than heck! Now she's lookin plump and healthy! We had a really warm summer and no AC so she was nice and warm and well fed :D Each picture was taken only a few inches from the ground. I don't usually hold her, it just makes size comparison easier.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
Here is my new Aphonopelma chalcodes that I got yesterday. This was one of two new T's, unfortunately the other (Megaphobema robustum) is a little camera shy and just darts back into its tunnel right away.

DSC00860.JPG

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Nice, for some reason I still haven't gotten one. They're on my list though.

Thebaddestass

Arachnopeon
Im actually asking to see pictures of your male Aphonopelma chalcodes. Would like to compare to my freshly molted arizona? Thinkin she has turned into a male.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
If you’re saying it molted and matured out, look for the distinctive tibial hooks. That will answer your question for certain.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Great! This is my favorite species, the one I always come back to at the end of the day. After so many escapades and dalliances in all realms of the most exotic and obscure, I look into the eight eyes of A. chalcodes and know that she's the kind of spider I want to marry, and with spiders: polygamy is not only legal, but encouraged.