New A. versicolor sling

nasty bugger

Arachnopeon
Went to the Mesa Reptile show this weekend and came out with a Aviculari versicolor sling.
Only about a half inch legspan, but it's a beautiful blue sucker, and fast.
I opened the vial to feed it tonight and he was up my arm and around in circles :) Spooked me for a minute. Didn't expect him to be out that fast. Now I know why they/you warn people to start with the milder T's :)
I'da been embarrassed to say I got my a$$ kicked by a sling OBT, which I considered buying also.
I cupped him and got him back in the vial, with the cricket. Saw him take down the cricket real fast and make his way up the vial with it.
Entertaining indeed :)

There was a trinidad chevron I considered getting at the show, but figure I have a arborial, and two ground spiders now, the Aphonopelma paysoni's, and that'll due for now :)

I also picked up 3 corn snakes there, and a roach colony and crickets to breed also. Hopefully I'll be able to support my own habit soon, and won't have to wake anyone up in the middle of the night for another quarter inch T, man. c'mon man, just give me a roach...:embarrassed: {D

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can't wait until the show this Sunday. I've got 4 Versi slings on their way. :)