New 3 inch Sling

mushuporker

Arachnopeon
Is a deli cup going to be to small for a 3 inch Sling? I ordered a few more Ts and most of them are going in vials but I got a slightly larger one from Fear not tarantulas. I'm thinking I might have to move my brachypelma hamorii into a cup and give hers to the new sling. She's in a slightly over sized enclosure.
IMG_20190913_122915.jpg
Deli cup

IMG_20190913_122853.jpg
Vial for little guys

IMG_20190913_122830.jpg
My B. hamorii in her very much over sized enclosure.

I'm thinking I may have to move him into a deli cup and give this to the bigger guy. I know 3 inches probably sounds much bigger than it is, I'm bad at estimating how big my new Ts are going to be.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The enclosure is a little big but it'll grow into that enclosure and that delicup is too small anyways. That size is no where near 3'', at most it looks to be a 1.25'' or 1''. If it was 3'' it would've been a juvenile already with some adult coloration starting to show.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
This is a photo I put together a few years ago showing what size enclosures I use for youngsters. The ruler standing up is 8"/20cm. This is just a guideline for terrestrial species. The behaviour of your spider, and it's growth rate, can factor into what size enclosure that they should be in. These examples would probably be most appropriate for the slower growing species, since I have skipped some sizes for my faster growers.
_DSC7779-2.jpg

mushuporker

Arachnopeon
I know the B. hamorii isn't 3 inches. He's a little over 1.5. I measured his latest molt. I'm getting a N. chromatus that's 3 inches and I'm unsure about the size of the enclosure to set up.

No, he said the other one in the larger enclosure was.
Correct. The one in the photo is the hamorii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
No, he said the other one in the larger enclosure was.
OOPS, I misinterpreted the post. :bag:
I know the B. hamorii isn't 3 inches. He's a little over 1.5. I measured his latest molt. I'm getting a N. chromatus that's 3 inches and I'm unsure about the size of the enclosure to set up.
Okay, the post was a little vague for me to understand, so apologies on me.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm getting a N. chromatus that's 3 inches and I'm unsure about the size of the enclosure to set up.
By 3" size of enclosure is less important.....you can go to a much larger enclosure without issue...I would suggest a kritter keeper.

3" is the size ts should be re housed from deli cups.