Nervous

undeaddeaths

Arachnosquire
Out of all the hot species I keep, androctonus crassicauda or centruroides sculpturatus
AC are little spazzes and aren't afraid to stand their ground in my experience.
Then my c sculps run up and tag anything moving near them.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I've worked with almost every hottentotta. Leiurus. Parabuthus. Androctonus that are commonly available in the hobby and by FAR

Androctonus crassicauda makes me the most nervous. They're very aggressive very skittish and very unpredictable.

Boomslang77

Arachnopeon
I've worked with almost every hottentotta. Leiurus. Parabuthus. Androctonus that are commonly available in the hobby and by FAR

Androctonus crassicauda makes me the most nervous. They're very aggressive very skittish and very unpredictable.
I agree androctonus crassicauda makes me nervous,although my adult leiurus q. Is unpredictable and aggressive....in your opinion what's the difference between bicolor and crassicauda? Look wise and temperament?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I agree androctonus crassicauda makes me nervous,although my adult leiurus q. Is unpredictable and aggressive....in your opinion what's the difference between bicolor and crassicauda? Look wise and temperament?
I know you didn't address me with these questions, I believe the most visual difference between A.bicolor and A.crassicauda is the former have a more slender near linear chela (not as linear as Leiurus however) and apically pale pedipalps and legs.

I have had 1 A.crassicauda, 3 A.bicolor, and 5 L.quinquestriatus I find that they all stand their ground, threat posture, and even bat with their tails. But I found A.bicolor the flightiest (scurry from lights) and the most reclusive (a pet hide that grew a pair of peeking and probing claws). L.quinquestriatus are an absolute dream for their boldness they have never scurried from lights. A.crassicauda fell somewhere in between the two.

I don't have near ArachnoDrew's experience with these species.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Bicolor in average is noticeably smaller than crassicauda especially mature male bicolor they're tiny around 1 maybe 2 inch mark stretched

Crassicauda are and inch it 2 larger in there mature stages . They're bigger. They're stronger and a bit more "sting happy"

If I walk by the crassicauda or simply touch its enclosure. It starts to lunge in whatever direction it senses you in

Bicolor if I pop there lid open they just start to bolt around the enclosure like little spazzes but they aren't focused in what's startling them

Crassicauda behavior seems to much more focused

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
None, I think that scorpions are ridiculously easy group to work with compared to other animals. But out of scorpions, probably Tityus spp..

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
None, I think that scorpions are ridiculously easy group to work with compared to other animals. But out of scorpions, probably Tityus spp..
This......In the past, I’ve kept just about every type of hot scorpion. The only way to get stung is to make a mistake. Tityus and other potent bark scorpions would be the ones I would be the ones I would tell a new keeper to be most careful about, mainly because they hang upside down and that make them more difficult to find when compared to andros, hottentota, and other terrestrial species. Still, if you use common sense and a pair of tongs they are easy to keep safely.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Out of all the hot species I keep, androctonus crassicauda or centruroides sculpturatus
AC are little spazzes and aren't afraid to stand their ground in my experience.
Then my c sculps run up and tag anything moving near them.
i was tagged by a C. sculpturatus last week in the ribs haha. had one in my bed while i was sleeping and rolled over onto it. that’s super strange that yours are aggressive, as all the C. sculps i’ve seen / owned have been super calm

undeaddeaths

Arachnosquire
i was tagged by a C. sculpturatus last week in the ribs haha. had one in my bed while i was sleeping and rolled over onto it. that’s super strange that yours are aggressive, as all the C. sculps i’ve seen / owned have been super calm
2 of the ones I own are so aggressive. Whenever I'm doing maintenance in their enclosure they will tag my spoon or forceps, then run away.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For me it is that german hard rock band! Those guys plays realy loud music and seems tough!:angelic: