Nepenthes

jthorntonwillis

Arachnosquire
Latest acquisition! Flea market find from a really nice Vietnamese grandmother,,,$10.00 I am well pleased!!:biggrin:

Attachments

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice deal there! Looks like you nabbed yourself a N. ventrata! I've got one of those that I'm waiting for to "re-pitcher", plus two N. mirandas, one of which is absolutely HUGE. Neps are really cool plants, and that was a heckuva deal.

pitbulllady

Perentie

Arachnosquire
I have an alata and something else in the bottom of its pot. no idea what sp. it is

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Wow theres a live plant section. Gotta love it here

Huwaaat?! $10?! That's even cheaper here where it is also a native plant lol.. converted to our currency it would still price twice that amount lol

Zervoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice find!

I'm hoping to "attempt" to try and grow a N lowii Mt Trus Madi soon, still trying to source one and just waiting on suppliers to get back to me lol......and also a Phragmipedium kovachii, both just as houseplants. I'm going to try growing both in expanded clay, like hydroton, as I have a phobia of peat/sphagnum, it scares me :0 I'm guessing alot of T people also are into the CPs also? When my Aibo interest didn't translate over to my Arachnid, CP or Orchid friends I never realized I would have a CP interest in common with my Arachnid friends lol.

I may even try a Ceph, as I heard they can also be grown in expanded clay. I'm leaning towards CPs that don't need a dormancy or peat/sphagnum. I've kinda given up on the vft, I don't have the patience for dormancy lol. I may even go back to plants and not pursue getting a spider. I won't rule out getting a vft in the future but for now might try something different.

Edit. I'm all excited and then I just saw this thread is from ages ago.

Last edited:

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Nice find!

I'm hoping to "attempt" to try and grow a N lowii Mt Trus Madi soon, still trying to source one and just waiting on suppliers to get back to me lol......and also a Phragmipedium kovachii, both just as houseplants. I'm going to try growing both in expanded clay, like hydroton, as I have a phobia of peat/sphagnum, it scares me :0 I'm guessing alot of T people also are into the CPs also? When my Aibo interest didn't translate over to my Arachnid, CP or Orchid friends I never realized I would have a CP interest in common with my Arachnid friends lol.

I may even try a Ceph, as I heard they can also be grown in expanded clay. I'm leaning towards CPs that don't need a dormancy or peat/sphagnum. I've kinda given up on the vft, I don't have the patience for dormancy lol. I may even go back to plants and not pursue getting a spider. I won't rule out getting a vft in the future but for now might try something different.

Edit. I'm all excited and then I just saw this thread is from ages ago.
Haha! You and me both.