Neoholothele incei enclosures?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
what would be a good size enclosure for a 1.5" sling to raise in until adulthood. pics of setups would be good too. what is everyone using for theirs.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
what would be a good size enclosure for a 1.5" sling to raise in until adulthood. pics of setups would be good too. what is everyone using for theirs.
I used an 16 oz. deli cup (because she webs a lot), and then I moved her into a small Exo Terra Breeding Box (8" x 8" x 5.5") as her adult enclosure.

This was the Breeding Box before she webbed the whole thing up, creating an elaborate network of tunnels and claiming 2+ water dishes.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Nice, i will look into the breeder boxes. I love the way they web up.

Think a 5x5x5 will work at 1.5 inch or should i go ahead and get the larger 8x8x5 box?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Think a 5x5x5 will work at 1.5 inch or should i go ahead and get the larger 8x8x5 box?
It will work, but eventually you may want the larger box as she grows. They don't get big, but they use the space.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
It will work, but eventually you may want the larger box as she grows. They don't get big, but they use the space.
I found this clear rubbermaid with locking lid. dimensions are 4.5wide x 4.5 high x 6.5 long.

Does this species need alot of ventilation? I was thinking about holes all the way around about 1 inch apart close to the top, then a few rows of holes on the lid.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Does this species need alot of ventilation? I was thinking about holes all the way around about 1 inch apart close to the top, then a few rows of holes on the lid.
I always err on the side of more ventilation rather than less. Just make sure no hole is larger than the spider's carapace, or it can potentially squeeze through and escape.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I always err on the side of more ventilation rather than less. Just make sure no hole is larger than the spider's carapace, or it can potentially squeeze through and escape.
Yep, I know all about that. My first GBB I ever got slide right through a small kritter keeper lid. luckly I found it in the top corner of the room.