Need your opinion

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
You forgot the "As far as I know" , Good job on that , I see what you did there :) I remember why I dont post here now, You would rather ridicule over informing . I never made any claims to be some kind of know it all, hell my first post in this thread should be a strong indicator in that. You guys enjoy your day .
Not that I think you'd be a know it all, it's that if you cared about this hobby for real, you'd take the time to learn and use the Latin names.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
Can you not use common names? Up until others posted, I had no idea what you meant by feather leg, as there are two distinct species. And if that's your thoughts, don't say it's okay to make that huge jump if you're a new keeper, it's a recipe for disaster.
You had no idea? There are 2 tarantulas that are commonly known as "feather leg"

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
There's two feather legs, S. cal (which actually there's S. cal and S. griseipes) and E. campesteratus. Honestly that's sad. You don't seem to really care if that's what you think can go as an actual hobbyist.
No, E campestratus is the pink zebra beauty. I think you're thinking of Eucratoscelus.
Tox, fact check before you correct others.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
in my opinion, those are all fine species, as others have said, be prepared that p irminia CAN be very fast. VERY fast. that being said, they are probably the best species to gain experience on. they are largely considered the stepping stone in experience before moving on to poecilotheria

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
If you want to be in the hobby and be a responsible tarantula owner then you should look into the species that you are buying first instead of buying it and then say "I don't know what I'm getting myself into but oh well lets pester everyone here because its TOO LATE".

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Basically in Italy "Genio" is a valid term not only for describe in a good way "someone very intelligent..." etc but also that (lol) one of the lamp (like the Aladdin one) and, of course, for mock, soon after a dumb move, someone :)

while if i'm not wrong you English speaking people use "genie" and "genius".

lol it's like Totò mocking that Italian/American tourist using the "cheese" surname related jokes:

Kylerlikesspiders

Arachnopeon
Everyone it's fine I sold the p. irminia,
c. Dyscolus, and h.villosella
To my friend who has been keeping t's and scorpions for over 20 years

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
There are dozens of tarantulas who are wonderful and very appropriate for people just entering the hobby. You have dwarf species, some of the largest species, webbers, arboreals and terrestrials, and every colour out there. If you have someone close to you with that amount of experience, who can help you out, maybe even some of the intermediate species can very quickly be in your collection. Just do your homework and please understand and appreciate what you might be getting yourself into before buying them. Your friend will appreciate everything that people have said on this thread if they have two decades under their belts. They're going to get it and support you sticking with some of the less challenging species for now.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Good call! Like others said, plenty of beginner and intermediate species to get the hang of it.
Applause to you good sir :)

Kylerlikesspiders

Arachnopeon
Could you please list some
Webber's that are inexpensive and easy to care for and don't have potent venom
(I love to look at there intricate webbing)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Could you please list some
Webber's that are inexpensive and easy to care for and don't have potent venom
(I love to look at there intricate webbing)
If those are the things you are looking for I'd recommend a C.cyaneopubescens. They are easy to care for, web heavy, and have nice colors to boot. IMO they can be a little more costly then some of the other Ts but not too much.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love my C. cyaneopubescens. They are a bit speedier than other beginner species, but they are not really defensive. They just move quickly... I've never seen my girls even kick hairs. They are also fairly decent growers and great eaters.
Tarantula Canada has gotten a shipment of them recently.
_DSC2449-2.jpg
_DSC2828-2.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
H. incei...web master of the new world.
Tarantula Canada doesn't have any of those, but they have females of the Holothele sp, Holothele sp. Norte de Santander and Holothele sp. Venezuela/Aragua. Would those be appropriate as well?