Need tips on traveling with slings

Drea

Arachnosquire
Also, I don't think you will be able to fully enjoy your fishing trip if you're constantly worrying about the T's in your car or hotel room.
This is so true. This trip is mostly a natural trip and I will camping under the stars in various parks for the most part. A few hotels but I would rather be outside. Starting with Yellowstone. :)

Leaving the slings at home is a much better option.

I spent all day yesterday adding additional water dishes to all the slings and adding extra water to the substrate. Fed them all yesterday too.

I am grateful to everyone that has responded because I was going to take them but this sounds much better all around.

They may die in the car depending upon temps when driving. Wouldn’t risk it, Ive done it a few times for moves.
I would have monitored the temps closely but unforeseen circumstances are bound to happen. Since I have no actual plan, the whole trip is an unforeseen circumstance.

The slings are staying. My company used to send me to other places for up to a month but I always took the spiders with me and they stayed comfy in the same hotel room. This trip is a little different.

Dman

Arachnosquire
I am stopping off in Wyoming, Nebraska and Minnesota for sure. After that, where ever I feel like going. I have an opportunity to travel and fish the country so I am going to take it. Did this once before and is an amazing experience.

Just worried about my spider babies. I would be so upset if I lost some.

Extra water it is. My daughter and her boyfriend are staying at the house so maybe we can do face time to check on them instead of taking them with me.

Thank you so much.
Drea, Hit up Mille Lacs lake in Minnesota for the best walleye and pike fishing you could ask for. Besides salmon walleye is my favorite fish. I am so jealous of your amazing vacation. Have fun!!

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The slings are staying. My company used to send me to other places for up to a month but I always took the spiders with me and they stayed comfy in the same hotel room. This trip is a little different.
Did you have to hide them from the hotel cleaning staff?

Drea

Arachnosquire
Did you have to hide them from the hotel cleaning staff?
Nope, they just were careful not to go near the tables with them. My last work trip was in Lodi and everyday after I would go fishing. They would let use the kitchen to cook a fish if I took one for dinner. Super cool people.