1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some info about scorplings

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Spyder b, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Spyder b

Spyder b Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    So does anyone know when you should feed the scorplings for the first time? I just put the put brood in their own separate containers and when I tried to feed them these flightless fruit flies they just run away from them any suggestions? Should I feed them that or just cut up a cricket and leave parts for them? They were born on July 29th if that helps.

2. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

What species? Ime it can take a week or 2 or so for them to eat. Go with tiny pinhead crickets. I never had any success getting them to eat cricket parts. Believe me, when they get hungry enough they are quite capable of taking down a cricket almost their own size

3. Spyder b

They're C sculpturatus

4. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

Ok, try to get them some small cricket in a few days. If they are ready to eat it can be quite entertaining to watch them get ''em haha

5. Scorpionluva

Scorpionluva Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

PA
    C sculpts usually eat within a few days of being separated from mama if they are hardened up enough
    I made a rhyme that makes it simple to remember when to take them and put them in their own tanks

If they glow .... they're ready to go

Use a UV light and see if they glow as much as mama .... if they don't. .. leave them with her

6. Spyder b

No way! That's something way useful to know