Need recommendations

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just left a local expo and mu family is dying to get a cool chameleon. Im a spider guy and know nothing about them

Anybody know reputable/affordable dealers that can actually HELP with this process?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Probably passed you in the crowd LOL, Not a bad show, I picked up a few things.
There are several breeders in the area. and a good chameleon forum would probably be a resource for viable care sheets. There are also specific chameleon FB groups/sellers. I will ask my daughter she frequents them.
This is the only seller I have bookmarked cuz they sell eggs so you can experience them from start to finish.
http://colorbynumbercritters.webs.com/

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes the show was pretty cool. Actually almost left empty handed until i ran into adam. He hooked me up with a couple freebies and while chatting it up i picked the kids up a cool little diversipes sling

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My girl amd the kids were gung ho about buying a chameleon but i gave em the lecture about importance of research first haha

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
My girl amd the kids were gung ho about buying a chameleon but i gave em the lecture about importance of research first haha
That's a good thing, so they will know what level of care actually goes into keeping the "oh its cool can I have one" impulse
If you decide to get one let me know I have a New in Box screen cage for cheap. Zilla ReptiBreeze 16x16x20"

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ill let ya know for sure. I've spoke with a few awesome t vendors i know that also deal with lizards, and im glad i held off.
Turns out chameleons are kind of a whole different ball game than spuders.
We may or may not still get one, but at this point were also considering a cool gecko or something.
Theres so many different creatures to choose from

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
yes there is.....way to many
Crested geckos are very easy room temp, misting food supplement and bugs. No specilal diet, heat, or lighting needed and they are adorable.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Don't know anyone selling them, the advice I've heard has tended to be high airflow, high humidity, lots of branches, plenty of vertical space. The first two are, of course, the trickiest in tandem, and one thing that should help immensely is a live plant (many suggest putting the net/cage around a section of a Ficus tree).