Need Phiddipus audax/regius ID HELP PLEASE! =)

kitkat39

Arachnopeon
I have Phiddipus species that are adults now, but I am not sure how to tell exactly what they are. Are there links or pictures where I could easily look up audax or regius to determine species and sex?

Seems like looking around the net is giving me a bigger headache...

Please help... Thanks!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Try posting some pics right here. The audux have bright greenish/blue chelicerae.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty bad at Salticids but I think that is a bold jumper, P. audax

kitkat39

Arachnopeon
Each picture is a different spider. Some were a little more cooperative with my camera, others freaked out at the sight of the lens and kept running away. =P

mindstorm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definately audax-es. A male Regius could easily be double the size(compared to your fingers).

kitkat39

Arachnopeon
Hmm.. I have one male (the 5th picture) who IS double the size of those other males. He is also very lazy and does not move around much.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Hehe, I think you were uploading while I was replying to your first post. No worries, All images to me look like bold jumpers (audax) but again, I'm just guessing here.

kitkat39

Arachnopeon
Haha.. I only uploaded a few pictures onto arachnoboards because they only allow so many. I sent many many more pictures to someone else to ID them and their answer is that they were pretty much audax. =)

THANKS GUYS!

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
The big Californian one is audax too, they're significantly larger in the south. The second male in your second post has great markings!

kitkat39

Arachnopeon
Yeah I was told to keep that one. Whew! It's a relief knowing that everyone I've talked to so far says that they are audax!