Need Opinions on New T.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Going tonight to pick myself up a new tarantula! :) The species I can't decide on are:
B. auratum
GBB
A. versicolor
Aphono. moderatum
OR a Scolopendra sp. (Haitian)
Anyone got any suggestions? I can never make up my mind. heh I hope I get lots of cash for X-Mas, then I can get them all. :D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thats easy...

get the GBB, and mail it to meee....

Thats what kind I asked Santa for.:D

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just got a GBB and an A. versicolor this past weekend...both are cool looking slings......but they are the typical pet rocks so far...the GBB has done a very small amount of webbing and the Avic hasn't done much at all other than hang out on the bottom of the lid of the pill bottle....the most interesting sling I got this past weekend so far is the OBT....it has made a funnel web all the way around the lid of the pill bottle with a funnel going down to the substrate where it has dug a burrow and the funnel goes straight down into it....very interesting sling and quite a busy little bug.....
all of the slings I got last Saturday are still pretty small (1/2 inch or less) though so perhaps they will increase in activity as they grow.....and besides I have only had them for like 4 days so maybe I just haven't given them enough of a chance to do anything yet.....

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, this might be a dumb question but what's a GBB? I've seen this several times but I still don't know what kind of T it is.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Diane S
Ok, this might be a dumb question but what's a GBB? I've seen this several times but I still don't know what kind of T it is.
Hi

GBB= Cromatopelma cyanopubesence = Green bottle blue

Chid

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get a GBB... its the best sling I have had... at 1-1.25" it is vicious... attacks anything no matter the size that I drop in. Webs alot but remains very visible... just a great sling.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, if everything works out I should be heading there soon to pick up my stuff. *fingers crossed* I'll let you guys know what I decided on when I get back. :)

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Deliverme314....what size was your GBB sling when you got it? how long did it take to get to the size it is now? do you powerfeed or anything to try and bulk it up or speed up growth?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it was me I would say the GBB or the Versicolor, Both grow at a pretty good rate and are both pretty entertaining . I love the looks a the Auratum but mine is growing oh so slooooow and then the moderatum have heard they are even slower growning. Last wrong section of the board to be adding that Scolopendra thing
;) ;P ;P Greg

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I say you flip a coin:

Heads -- GBB

Tails -- A. versicolor

Jon

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'd say an avic since they're pretty docile and really good looking... plus i'm assuming that since they don't grow to big they're fangs won't either ;) .. just to be safe... And I've heard so much of the GBB yet i can't really find pics and most importantly caresheets... if anyone has pics or a link i'd appreciate that.!

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
da_illest here is a quick picture I just took of my GBB. It is about 3" and has a pretty good temperment. Greg

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey! That spider looks just like mine! Hehe I can't wait till it gets bigger I think mine is a male but i can be wrong.Also what did you finally decide to get Navaros?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say GBB. They are awesome, great coloration great feeders and a joy to raise.

Andy