Need opinion on my third T

BRussell

Arachnopeon
So, I'm new to being owned by Ts, I have one sling,(Brachypelma smithi) an older G.rosa I "rescued" from a pet store and I'm torn on what I should get next I know I want a Grammostola pulchra,a Grammostola pulchripes and a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. My question, since I told myself I'm only allowed to get one until the slings get bigger. What does everyone think? which should I get? I'm more torn between the G.Pulchra and G.Pulchripes esp.Thanks for all your input.Or, should I just wait until my sling is bigger?

tyrantuladub

Arachnosquire
G. pulchra if you can get your hands on one for a good price. Just something about a big, velvety, black spider that is absolutely gorgeous. ;)

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Are you purchasing them as slings or juvie/SA/A?

If slings I'd go with the C. cyaneopubescens as they're a lot quicker growth wise in comparrison to what you already have and the Grammastola genus.

Also they have IMO hands down the best colour transformations throughout their lifespan from the list of Ts that are recommended for newer owners.

Great feeding responses also.

As nice as the other two are if your getting them as slings you're going to be waiting a few years for them to gain any significant size (especially the G. pulchra).

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
If you want a sling, go with the GBB. They're gorgeous, have amazing color transformations and grow fast. Grammostola only if you're getting a juvie or adult, als they take about 900 years to grow to a decent size.

BRussell

Arachnopeon
Thanks Everyone! I'm looking into mostly slings. I'll probably end up getting first available, I do love them all so much and am very excited to watch two slings grow side by side (w/the Red Knee) I'll probably go with the GBB.....unless they have both I may have to break my own promise and get two.Thanks. I'll post my decision

Boatman

Arachnosquire
My first thought was Avic avic, too. Since you have 2 terrestrials, why not get your first arboreal? Variety is the spice of life.

BRussell

Arachnopeon
Too Funny, you guys sound like my sister in law. She thinks I should get a OBT.Maybe for my fourth or fifth.

philge

Arachnosquire
Too Funny, you guys sound like my sister in law. She thinks I should get a OBT.Maybe for my fourth or fifth.
You'd be fine with an OBT as your 4th or 5th. I mean how many spiders do you think you should have before getting an OW tarantula? As long as you do your reading, and are extra cautious, I'd say you can get any species you want for your 5th spider. OW spiders aren't the little demonic hellspawn that people make them out to be. You leave them alone, you have no problems. The only time you ever have any risk is when you're rehousing it which isn't too often.

My 2nd was an OBT, and I had no problems whatsoever. You give the spider the respect it deserves, and it will be smooth sailing.