Need Help-- Superworm Advice and Finding Them

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hey.... not too happy about what happened. My dad went to the basement where I keep my collection, and he doesn't really care about my stuff at all. And literally moved, tossed, and threw my stuff everywhere... :dead:My stuff for making things and other stuff were moved and tossed like trash to him. I wasn't home at the time (school), and my dad knocked over my small colony of super worms and toss some stuff at some T. enclosures (the T.'s are okay, thank goodness). I got most of the superworms back, from looking in dark areas in my basement, But i'm just so mad/sad at how my dad just doesn't really care about my things. But I notice that about a small portion of them are not found, they are not fully grown but close to it. What are the chances of them becoming beetles or pests? Most of my basement is concrete/cement, there is some carpet, but not a lot. But can anyone help with how to find the rest of the superworms??? I'm just so upset right now. :(

Pics of the aftermath catastrophe (most of it cleaned of the mess my dad made)
IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0225.JPG

cold blood

Staff member
Does dad prefer whiskey, or beer? That doesn't look like the work of a sober adult.:( And if he was sober, that's worse, because that means he chooses to be a disrespectful pig....look at that, it looks like a stray dog had a go at the table, not a human.:shifty:

Sorry you had to come home to that.

I'd imagine the supers would just die.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Does dad prefer whiskey, or beer? That doesn't look like the work of a sober adult.:( And if he was sober, that's worse, because that means he chooses to be a disrespectful pig....look at that, it looks like a stray dog had a go at the table, not a human.:shifty:
I like you because, sometimes, your choice of words are like a class A double edged blade :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking

Sorry you had to come home to that.

I'd imagine the supers would just die.
My dad is not a drinker, as a matter of fact he hates drinking. The problem is he is an "old school strict, i'm stuck in the past guy". He likes things his way, and growing up, he never liked things that didn't go his way. As a matter of fact he see's me and most of my siblings as "failures". I never did anything wrong with him, its just the way life is. But I just ignore him, because I don't want him to change who I am and why I love the things and hobbies i do. This is the way an asian person like me (yes im asian btw) grew up sadly.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My dad is not a drinker, as a matter of fact he hates drinking. The problem is he is an "old school strict, i'm stuck in the past guy". He likes things his way, and growing up, he never liked things that didn't go his way. As a matter of fact he see's me and most of my siblings as "failures". I never did anything wrong with him, its just the way life is. But I just ignore him, because I don't want him to change who I am and why I love the things and hobbies i do. This is the way an asian person like me (yes im asian btw) grew up sadly.
Which part of Asia, exactly? :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Which part of Asia, exactly? :)
My parents were born in the asian countries (Thailand and Laos) and moved to the united states, thats where I was born here in the United States, North Carolina. But my parents are still stuck in those old times and religion and stuff that I hate. Even growing up here, they still want to continue old heritage and its still annoying.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My parents were born in the asian countries (Thailand and Laos) and moved to the united states, thats where I was born here in the United States, North Carolina. But my parents are still stuck in those old times and religion and stuff that I hate. Even growing up here, they still want to continue old heritage and its still annoying.
As a man that loves to live like in late (Italian) 1800 :pompous: <-- late 1800 man Smilies, btw - I can't disagree with that mentality. That's what they love, what they are, their attachment for their native lands, traditions etc

I also understand however that, viewing the thing from your point of view, that sucks. Hang on, man, you are young and with your entire life in front of you.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
As a man that loves to live like in late (Italian) 1800 :pompous: <-- late 1800 man Smilies, btw - I can't disagree with that mentality. That's what they love, what they are, their attachment for their native lands, traditions etc

I also understand however that, viewing the thing from your point of view, that sucks. Hang on, man, you are young and with your entire life in front of you.
Just watch, I'm going to grow out of this "chamber of pressure" and leave my crazy heritage, religion, and relatives behind. I'm going to live my own path dumping that old stuff behind. BTW thanks for the support. :)

coniontises

Arachnosquire
Alright, back to the original topic.

Zophobas cannot be a pest, because beetles and larvae cannot climb slippery smooth things like plastic and beetles rarely (contrary to many websites’ claims, beetles can fly but almost never do) fly. You would have to spill a bag of oats on the floor and throw lettuce at it periodically before an infestation would be possible.

As for luring them, maybe putting a pile of hiding areas (egg cartons, etc) will lure worms to shelter inside. If you have any escapee beetles, they may be lured to fruits and other food (larvae are more secretive than adults).

Sorry for your loss. My own Zophobas pet colony was brutally scapegoated and murdered a few years ago, because insects always get the blame for everything bad. =(

dord

Arachnopeon
Hey.... not too happy about what happened. My dad went to the basement where I keep my collection, and he doesn't really care about my stuff at all. And literally moved, tossed, and threw my stuff everywhere... :dead:My stuff for making things and other stuff were moved and tossed like trash to him. I wasn't home at the time (school), and my dad knocked over my small colony of super worms and toss some stuff at some T. enclosures (the T.'s are okay, thank goodness). I got most of the superworms back, from looking in dark areas in my basement, But i'm just so mad/sad at how my dad just doesn't really care about my things. But I notice that about a small portion of them are not found, they are not fully grown but close to it. What are the chances of them becoming beetles or pests? Most of my basement is concrete/cement, there is some carpet, but not a lot. But can anyone help with how to find the rest of the superworms??? I'm just so upset right now. :(

Pics of the aftermath catastrophe (most of it cleaned of the mess my dad made)
View attachment 269445 View attachment 269446
#@%$&*!$#^+$@!%*!&%!^%&^!#! :rage::rage::rage:

Anyways, I don't think the escaped superworms will last long.