Need Help ....Por Favor Snake Problemo

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have what was sold to me as a Black Iridescent Snake . Kinda looks similar to a black milk snake , however this guy is really docile. My problem is that the seller has told me he eats frozen pinkies no sweat . Ever since Ive had him hes been skittish when I try to dangle a frozen/thawed in front of him with long tweezers . But he eventually takes it ... until now . He hasnt eaten in about 3 weeks and Ive tried every size ofmouse I can think of . Hes about 16" or better . I dont wanna loose this guy ... he seems on the thinner size but not sickly . Any ideas ?? Thanks !

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Place him/her in a small container with the pinky. Just leave them in there. Something with a vented cover will work. If you need to, cover most of it with a towel to darken the space. It will have no choice when moveing around in there but run into the prey. That is whet we do with our pueblen milksnake that is only about 10 inches or so. This method works well for us.

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What Darwinsdad wrote is working well for my snakes too.- But you should try different colored pinkies, I dunno why, but sometimes it works well too :) Or try very small baby rats, or hamsters.
I hope your cutie will eat soon.

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it's a Mexican black king?

You might want to try braining the pinkies before you try the container method.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My ball python has gone nine weeks without eating and is healthy as a horse, I wouldnt worry about it too much as long as the snake looks healthy.