Need help, is my sling molting upright?

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
I think the carapace is popped, but for some reason it came out of its hide (possibly because of the vibration from water pipe in the wall) and it seems to be up right at the moment. Will it be able to molt at this position?

Attachments

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Molting upright is not the norm, but not infrequent. Just leave it alone.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
Thank you for the assurance, i maybe freaked out a little. I recently started this hobby and 5 slings including this one all molted on me this week, crazy stuff.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
They don't tend to be all spread eagle and standing raised off the ground like that when they moult upright... at least, mine never have. They have their legs bunched up closer to their carapace and they have their bellies right on the ground.
As has been mentioned, it is very uncommon for it to happen and yours will likely flip over at one point. Just leave them alone.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
They don't tend to be all spread eagle and standing raised off the ground like that when they moult upright... at least, mine never have. They have their legs bunched up closer to their carapace and they have their bellies right on the ground.
As has been mentioned, it is very uncommon for it to happen and yours will likely flip over at one point. Just leave them alone.
You were dead on, its upside down in its hide again!

Update: Couldn't sleep well due to this, but when I woke up earlier I found it successfully molted :astonished:
I remember even sleep walking toward the enclosure to check :rofl:

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That's the second Theraphosa species that I see starting a moult upright this week...