need help identifying dutch jumping spider

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is Tycho.
I caught a jumping spider, and want to know which genus, etc it is.
IMG_3281.JPG
I hope anyone can make out what it is...
i put her in a old cricket box with some normal dirt from a store, with a bit of coark, so it can climb around. this will do right? i previously had her in a small vial but felt like she would't have enough space to jump around. i will feed her flightles fruitflies, this will do right? i will spray a tiny amount of water in there every time it rains around here so it will be like she's in an actual natural enviroment.
this will do right?
thanks in advance.

The wolf

Arachnolord
I will need a much better pic for id as salticids can be tricky
Your setup seems fine though

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
well, i think that i can confirm a p.lanigera after taking a closer look to mine and to the pictures on google images. thanks!

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
it's quite interesting to me to find it here in holland too. seems like they tend to live more in germany and romania. to find it in Holland really shows how species keep traveling to new places.

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
thanks dude, it's just some coark i pulled of a tree with a fake plant in a old cricket box but thanks

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
they apparently get 5mm as female or 2-3 as male, so they get quite big as far as im concerned. im not an expert, but still pretty big right?

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
I can say with confidance that they might look similar, mine definitly is a p.lanigera since it has that brown/yellowish stripe type pattern on her back.

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
I'm from the Netherlands, here around (and the one on pic in my house) my house, there are many...

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
Your lucky, there the biggest and raret jumping spiders where i live.
in London? or are you from Holland as well? send some pictures of your jumping spiders, im mighty interested!

Is it one like this? (Marpissa mucos)

View attachment 273812
it seems pretty big. your very lucky!

if i'm lucky and it's a female, mine would get 5mm so im pretty stocked. anyone know where i can find more? i heard the salticus scenicus tend to live in cracks from walls on houses. they're a beautifull species too.

Last edited by a moderator:

HamZ

Arachnosquire
if i'm lucky and it's a female, mine would get 5mm so im pretty stocked. anyone know where i can find more? i heard the salticus scenicus tend to live in cracks from walls on houses. they're a beautifull species too.
Yep you will find them on walls on sunny days mostly an the walls were light shines directly.

in London? or are you from Holland as well? send some pictures of your jumping spiders, im mighty interested!
Yep in london heres a picture of one i caught in may last year.
Yep in london i caught one last year may, haven't found one since though. Heres a picture of the marpiss muscosa i caught. Screenshot_2017-06-18-16-16-20-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
Yep you will find them on walls on sunny days mostly an the walls were light shines directly.

Yep in london heres a picture of one i caught in may last year.

Yep in london i caught one last year may, haven't found one since though. Heres a picture of the marpiss muscosa i caught. View attachment 274024
how big is it?