Need Help: ID and Sex of Huntsman

marvindu

Arachnopeon
Hi guys I caught a huntsman spider near our garage. It's one of the bigger ones I've seen. After a week of trying to catch it, I finally caught it last night. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the scientific name of this spider is. And if anyone can help tell the sex, it would be greatly appreciated. Any caresheets available for them?

Attachments

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hi,
it seems to be that you caught a heteropoda venatoria FEMALE!

Bastian Drolshagen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi,
try searching the forum/internet for caresheets.
Since this species spread almost all over the world (originally native to Asia), it is very tolernat towards different temperatures and humidities. You could also keep it free in your room ^^

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I know, just catch me a few and send 'em this way and I swear to love them.

Even in european standards it was a hefty price but I finally got one. And the price I got the other spiders in the same order it was basically free.

Huntsmen are just something I find to be the most interesting spiders ever, even over jumpers and their superior traits.(in a way). We have only a single huntsman in Finland, Micrommata virenscens. Though small it's bright green... But SO small.

After all 30e is something I can waste in an evening in a bar.. not getting spiders...