Need help for breeding Encyocratella olivacea

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't bred this species yet, but I am looking for a male at the moment. From what I have read on forums so far, it does not seem like you need to do anything special to trigger the building of an egg-sac after a successful mating. According to the species profile on theraphosidae.be some recommend letting them dry out for up to 7 weeks after mating and then raising the humidity abruptly to simulate rainy-season. I think I will give this a try, as they are very hardy in regards to drought, so I do not think it should harm your chances, even if it did not do anything positive. From what I read, they can also build multiple sacs from a single mating and some people have kept the male in with the female until she made the sac.

LouisX

Arachnopeon
I haven't bred this species yet, but I am looking for a male at the moment. From what I have read on forums so far, it does not seem like you need to do anything special to trigger the building of an egg-sac after a successful mating. According to the species profile on theraphosidae.be some recommend letting them dry out for up to 7 weeks after mating and then raising the humidity abruptly to simulate rainy-season. I think I will give this a try, as they are very hardy in regards to drought, so I do not think it should harm your chances, even if it did not do anything positive. From what I read, they can also build multiple sacs from a single mating and some people have kept the male in with the female until she made the sac.
Thanks a lot,i will be try!