Need help finding clear water dish.

Wheelgunner

Arachnopeon
Im a big fan of the clear food dishes that come with some cricket keepers. They are the perfect size for most of my T setups and they blend right in to the substrate. Bottle caps arent that visually apealing to me. Anybody know where i can get them without buying more cricket keepers? Cant seem to find them anywhere.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
I buy these little jars that I get from good old Wal-Mart. They're in the section that sells travel sized shampoo, toothpaste etc. They're called Equate travel jars and I use both the lids and the jars as water dishes. They come in different colors, including clear as you can see, and as I recall they are 97 cents for a pack of 2. I use them with all of my smaller Ts. Much easier to buy these than to order online and pay the shipping. At least to me it is. Anyway hope this helps! :)

Attachments

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I have used empty tea candle holders, which are sometimes clear plastic and sometimes glass, depending on the quality of the tea candle.

For bigger tarantulas that tend to fill their water dishes with dirt, I have had great luck using the clear glass containers from a six pack of creme brulee I got at Costco! They are so awesome! They're shaped like tiny little Bean Pots, about three inches across, but they are deeper and impossible to fill up with dirt!

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
This is an Idea from a thread by @Nonnack
It can be made in every needed size, blends in with the floor and looks quite natural.
Thats what I´d recommen

Thanks man! That was my goal to make it as natural as possible. Like a little piece of this scenery :

I am also happy about water dish that I made. Can you see it? No? Good, because i hate water dishes, it usually destroys whole natural look of enclosure, and I don't want to see it;P But sometimes water dish is must.
I made it from plastic container from mp3 player or something, lot of stuff is packed into this kind of containers, you just need to find interesting shape, melt it a little bit with lighter or even better with heat gun, if you have it. Cut with scissors to proper size, and thats it. If you push it into substrate and fill with water it looks like natural pool of water, puddle or something. Nice and free;)

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
I just got some supplies to make my own, im planning on using hydraulic cement in silicone brownie molds to make my own.
Add stones/different colored filler media to get a natural-ISH looking water dish, im going for a concave stone type of look, but ill see how it turns out once it sets.

Wheelgunner

Arachnopeon
I just got some supplies to make my own, im planning on using hydraulic cement in silicone brownie molds to make my own.
Add stones/different colored filler media to get a natural-ISH looking water dish, im going for a concave stone type of look, but ill see how it turns out once it sets.
Shoot me a pic when its done

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I would also like to see it. I am still looking for new ideas, since everything i found that is 100% waterproof and easy to clean, doesn't look too natural.
About clear water dishes, it is good compromise. The idea that Marvinxox mentioned is nice, but a little bit hard to achieve good effect. But even without this whole melding with heat you can use parts of plastic container to get nice look. These days everything is packed in plastic boxes, just look for interesting shape, cut it and you have water dish;)
This one I made from dental floss container:

And this water dish in action :p

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Plastic petri dishes would be good. For my scorpion communal I'm using the top of a Pringles can.

Edit: found this website, it has three sizes: mini, small, large.