Need help deciding on 3rd T

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the info and links guys. If I were to get the juvenile B.emilia, approximately how long would it take to reach a 'decent' size? Decent being 3"+.

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think you can never tell how long it takes for a tarantula to grow. I have 3 B. smithi from the same eggsack and one is close to 3" one is around 2" and other other one is slightly smaller than 2". My 3 B. boehmei are about as old but are only 1". My 8 B. albopilosum are all 1.25 and holding steady, they are all younger than the boehmei.

Brachy's are definatly slow growers though. Their rate of growth definatly seems slower than all my other slings, except for the one freakishly large B. smithi.

SpiderDork

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would vote for the B emilia primarily because it's a juvenile which allows you the pleasure of onserving it mature plus knowing roughly how old it is, nothing like purchasing an adult and having it expire seven or eight months later of old age.

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I've placed my order and went with the B.emilia. Thanks for the help and info everyone! I'll post pics as soon as it comes through. Should receive it in a couple of days (hopefully before the weekend), cant w8!

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my lil B.emilia, arrived earlier today. Great temperament, real calm. I definitely made the right decision! (Still tempted by the PZB though but I think I'll keep my life :embarrassed: ) Are their temperaments comparable to emilias?

Attachments

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am partial to Brachypelmas. U know my answer. :}

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Third T...

Brachypelma emilia's are beautiful! You should get both the emilia and PZB and hide one somewhere. :D
Pink Zebra Beauties are one of the most gentle species on the planet. I have one left and she enjoys sitting on my chest to watch National Geographic Channel with me.
If I had to choose though... emilia hands down! :)

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I couldn't help myself so look what came through the post today! 4 months and 4 T's later....

Attachments

AlexRC

Arachnopeon
I would add another vote to the B. Emilia, I find them more attractive, and a must have for any hobbyist.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
We appreciate your input and welcome to the board but FYI the last post was 6 years ago.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
{D{D{D I noticed that too. By now, that kid is saying "NO" to kids of his own!