Natural Looking hides

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
Hey guys I’m getting a T. stirmi sling next month and I just finished making her enclosure. Now all I need is a natural looking hide to fit her mossy enclosure. I was planning on some wood but I’m afraid that they would get molds or rot because of the high moisture in the enclosure. Any suggestions? Pictures would be nice and some DIY enclos are welcome to!

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Hey guys I’m getting a T. stirmi sling next month and I just finished making her enclosure. Now all I need is a natural looking hide to fit her mossy enclosure. I was planning on some wood but I’m afraid that they would get molds or rot because of the high moisture in the enclosure. Any suggestions? Pictures would be nice and some DIY enclos are welcome to!
If you get springtails that should help since ik a lot of people I’ve seen on here says isopod can pose a threat to a molting tarantula. If it’s live Moss it could take over the natural wooden hide and help with the look. I have a wood hide and driftwood in my Timor enclosure which is rlly moist at times and the isopod and springtails ensure no mold gets in as the hide rots which it hardly has. I think you’ll be fine with a wooden hide and if you don’t want it to rot much I’d get cork but sometimes mold can grow into the little holes on it. But I honestly think you’ll be fine. Sorry I don’t have any pics but I’m sure someone else on here will send you pics of their setup. Hope this helps lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Sounds like a lot of work for a spider that will outgrow it's cage within 6 months..

I use cut in half terra cotta pots. I cover all the visible plastic with substrate. Looks great to me.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Larger buried cork bark in the substrate with moss on top? Think that would look awesome.