Natural, Light colored substrate for black tarantulas?

Soli

Arachnopeon
I just got my first tarantula, a euathlus sp "red". I want to make a nice looking naturalistic terrarium (that resembled the area they come from), but I cannot seem to find a light colored substrate that would contrast her. I am currently using organic peat moss and it is too dark for my taste.

Also would it hurt to put a few flat rocks in the enclosure?

Mello

ArachnoQUEEN
I just got my first tarantula, a euathlus sp "red". I want to make a nice looking naturalistic terrarium (that resembled the area they come from), but I cannot seem to find a light colored substrate that would contrast her. I am currently using organic peat moss and it is too dark for my taste.

Also would it hurt to put a few flat rocks in the enclosure?
You could mix vermiculite into the dark sub to lighten the look.

Rhodin

Arachnosquire
Putting in some flat rocks likely won't hurt unless your T decides to burrow under them and they aren't set very well. As far as lightening up your substrate you could try mixing some white sand.

Soli

Arachnopeon
Putting in some flat rocks likely won't hurt unless your T decides to burrow under them and they aren't set very well. As far as lightening up your substrate you could try mixing some white sand.
What do you mean by set very well, like too loose? And that is a good idea, I might do that thanks :)

ManicArachnid

Arachnopeon
Hi I am using Lugarti and I was wondering about something light to see my Baby Red knee. I’m legally blind and it’s so hard to see her. Thanks Kat