N. Chromatus molting!

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So my N. chromatus made a burrow in its container about 2 weeks ago and the last feeding it rejected food so i thought it was possible that it was getting ready to molt..As well as rejecting the food i could tell that the abdomen was turning darker and sure enough when i got home from work today checking on my others it was in the process of molting..sorry i couldnt take any pictures as it has burrowed all the way towards the bottom and there is a very small area that i can see but as soon as it comes out ill take some pics..its still young, only about an inch and a half possibly 2 now with the molt

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! The N. chromatus are one of my favorites! Wait until it hits about 3-4" then the colors really start to show! :cool:

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
congrats! My N Chromatus also molted the other night... I caught her lying down...

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt, Andrew
its always exciting to see them grow!

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Molt

I love to catch them like that..thats a really good pic of the beginning...whats funny about my new molt is that i have a second chromatus that i got from swift that was smaller then my other one yet already had its adult color starting to show..they are so great looking and from the little i can see from the opening it is showing color