N. chromatus 3" with attitude!

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Barely 3" and showing some serious attitude....i almost feel bad for the cricket i dropped in. Umm, no i dont!!! :evil: {D {D ;P :evil:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
WAH! that poor cricket, oh HOW i LOVE to see them die!

What substrate is that by the way?
Mori

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mori- It is topsoil, storebought, no additives. i just got it muddy, molded it to the shape i needed and nuked it in the microwave for 5 mins.

Morda- I am 100% sure it is a N. chromatus.

mantid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice Tarantula

Thats a nice looking tarantula you've got there if you ever need someone to take it off you hands...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have 2 around 1.5" or so, they are still in the 'run and hide' stage. However, I had one that matured male, and I have to say it was the ONLY T I've ever had that I'd describe as psycho. Every time I'd open the container lid, it couldn't figure out if it wanted to run, threaten, or spastically thrash around. It would usually do a combination of all 3 things, resulting in it falling over :D
Most entertaining tarantula I've ever had {D

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I have an immature supposed male (haven't checked the last molt). Also on the psycho side. And lightning fast when it comes to food! Has to be one of the fastest (if not the fastest) ground teleporters...

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
Mori- It is topsoil, storebought, no additives. i just got it muddy, molded it to the shape i needed and nuked it in the microwave for 5 mins.

Morda- I am 100% sure it is a N. chromatus.
Does the microwaving make the mud hold it's shape? I would like to try this. It looks very nice!