Mystery T’s from Fear Not Tarantulas?

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
By looking at their prices and sizes on her website of current stock, i believe Brandon's brown to be a rose hair or texas brown, I strongly believe Dapper dam is a B. Vagans, the pulchra does not fit the price range she gave and the species description for the vagans on the website says "I think of an elegant tarantula dressed for a formal event.". I'm pretty certain MVP is pokie, MVP might be a play on words and the P might stand for poecilotheria. If i had to guess which one, i would say maybe a tigrinawesseli. Holly's is in the arboreal section and a newer species so my only guess is Phormingocilus Carpenteri. Rachael's is quite hard to guess, but granted that we know it gets around 7" and shows colours as a sling, I'm guessing a N. Chromatus.
She said the price could be higher or lower than $50 for the sling, and habitat included.

Paul Mason

Arachnopeon
I ordered "Myles MVP" and am hoping it is L. violaceopes. :)
i bought mvp as well, but i dont believe it's a violaceopes because the ones she has in stock are not shipping yet. It's most likely a poecilotheria. Would be awesome if it is tho.

She said the price could be higher or lower than $50 for the sling, and habitat included.
30-40% higher than 50, which is 65-70, price not including enclosure. The pulchra is listed more than 70 so it's not dapper dam.

Last edited by a moderator:

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
Hey everyone! Literally like 15 minutes ago on Fear Not Tarantula’s fb page they released the identities of the mystery spiders.

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
Myles: Poecilotheria subfusca
Holly: Phormingochilus sp. rufus
Damian: Grammostola pulchra
Rachel: Nhandu chromatus
Brandon: Brachypelma boehmei
I got lucky. I got Myles, Holly's and Damian's.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Guys. I’m flipping out right now. I’ve been wanting G. pulchra since 2011. To say I’m ecstatic is an understatement.

Holy moly.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I think this is really cool that they are doing this! It makes me wanna buy more tarantulas, which I guess this is the point. I imagine this is pretty fun for the folks working there too!

Congrats to the new happy parents of those pulchras! :)

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Myles: Poecilotheria subfusca
Holly: Phormingochilus sp. rufus
Damian: Grammostola pulchra
Rachel: Nhandu chromatus
Brandon: Brachypelma boehmei
I got lucky. I got Myles, Holly's and Damian's.
I got Myles! :) very happy! Now I wish I’d bought more Mystery Ts.

Fear Not Tarantulas

Fear Not Tarantulas
Pretty much all slings can be raised the same way people.:rolleyes:

I absolutely hate the idea of selling "mystery" slings. This is just going to lead to mis-identifications down the line....and how many are going to be bred without knowing for sure...knowing the species of your purchase should be priority #1 for both buyer and seller.
Hi there. I think you have misunderstood how the "Mystery Spider" offer works. People do, of course, find out what species they have. There are general descriptions given that each team member comes up with to promote the species they choose. We also provide a habitat with the purchase. It is not for everyone and we do indicate that on our site. We had many people asking us to do it and our staff had a lot of fun with it as did customers. Every species was sought after and of good size. This month the species were Grammostola pulchra 1", Phormingochilus sp. rufus 1 1/2", Nhandu chromatus 1 1/2", Brachypelma boehmei 3/4" - 1", and Poecilotheria subfusca.

I've never ordered any mystery Ts so forgive my ignorance, but how exactly does this work with regards to preparing the enclosure properly? Does he give you the basic info (e.g. terrestrial, dry substrate, likes to burrow, etc.)?
We do give basic information and also include a habitat:happy:

This month the species were Grammostola pulchra 1", Phormingochilus sp. rufus 1 1/2", Nhandu chromatus 1 1/2" that are about 1 1/2 years old, Brachypelma boehmei 3/4" - 1", and Poecilotheria subfusca!

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My only regret is that I didn't order one or two more. I received "Myles MVP", P. subfusca in a very nice habitat. @Fear Not Tarantulas didn't mention the size of the P. subfusca slings, but mine looks to be a healthy 1.5", and is active and eating well. Tanya, is the P. subfusca HL or LL type? This is only my second of the genus, so I'm still learning! :)

Paul Mason

Arachnopeon
she said lowland on a facebook post asking the same question, i was hoping for the highland, but i don't mind having 2 lowlands now.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
If they had caught me a couple weeks earlier I would have ordered a couple or three.

I would have gotten Brandons and Rachels for sure, maybe Damiens.

I would have been happy with all of them, as they were all on my list. but I would have ended up with 2 duplicates.... but that is not a bad thing.....