Mystery T’s from Fear Not Tarantulas?

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
I'm curious if we can post the descriptions here? I think it'd be kind of fun to post them and guess on them.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
I like the idea, but I’m pretty specific on what I want for now.

Once the industrial shelving full of steralite containers in a dedicated wing of the mansion is in place, I may be game for some mystery T’s.

I like the idea, but I’m pretty specific on what I want for now.

Once the industrial shelving full of steralite containers in a dedicated wing of the mansion is in place, I may be game for some mystery T’s.
Aww crud.. I went on and already added the first one I read to my cart..... I’m 99% sure I know what it is, and it’s one near and dear to my heart.... and they have a freebie sling with an order over $50 that is also on my short list....

I got got Damien’s Dapper Dame. I have a feeling it may be G. pulchra, but I don’t want to get my hopes up:D
That one had me the most confused... I like Brandons the most and was intrueged by Rachels..

I still haven’t hit the “checkout” button....

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
Aww crud.. I went on and already added the first one I read to my cart..... I’m 99% sure I know what it is, and it’s one near and dear to my heart.... and they have a freebie sling with an order over $50 that is also on my short list....
Ohhhh noooo. I forgot they did freebies like that! :(

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
Alright here's the descriptions:
"Brandon’s Mysterious Brown Tarantula

Looking at this spider now you may think meh, another brown spider, whoopie.

But this is far from the average T. As it grows and the colors become brighter and better. This is a hardy new world tarantula who loves to be out in the open as an adult.

This stout tarantula is a new world species, reaching an impressive 6 plus inches. The colors alone make it a sought after terrestrial T and makes it a gem in any collector’s spider room.

This spider is one of the hobby classics and has been becoming more scarce in the last few years.

This species likes it a little on the dryer side. However, it will appreciate moisture as a sling. As for feeding time this little guy loves to fill its fangs with a roach or two.

With this spider time is everything. It may grow a little slow but it’s worth the wait.

So pick my T, and not theirs. I will also throw in:

Being your friend and one hug redeemable at our next expo……..from Tanya….not me…..no one wants a hug from me."
"Dapper Dam (pronounced “dame”)

Timeless style and class to finesse, this Latin American species is always dressed to impress.

As others fight the clashing colors, Dapper Dam sport’s the midnight hues
Not going to spaz and freak like the others,
Relaxation is what it will choose

In your collection, Dapper Dam is the smoothest of scotches and the finest of wines
As they slowly age, they will always get better with time

When it comes to meals is where the fun begins,
The roach’s life has quickly come to an end
Drop another and I dare you to peek
Dapper Dam puts it away and will have you looking forward to feeding next week

The trends always come and go, whether they catch on or become a phase,
As eloquent and smooth as (s)he is, Dapper Dam will always amaze"
"Holly’s Personable Peach

A fascinating tarantula for your collection that will soon win over everyone’s affection.
Classification can be tricky with these creatures, but this species sure has some unique features.
Posted on the hollows of trees at night stalking but yet staying out of sight.
Relatively humid but not so high , they enjoy spending time where the tree divides .
Shy at first they will keep their cover but over time an exciting personality is discovered.
Picky eaters they are not, so take caution when feeding because they are hot! (Old World)
New to the hobby, so perhaps not much is known. Won’t you make some discoveries of your own?"
"Myles’ MVP Tarantula

An old world from a genus with an ill deserved reputation, this spider is far more shy than defensive.

While it doesnt come in bright flashy colors, it’s dark hues are tinted a beautiful purple color coupled with a simple yet striking pattern. In nature these spiders live in tree hollows, however in a captive setting a vertical enclosure with a big cork tube will allow for a great hiding spot and a beautiful terrarium.

This equatorial spider comes from a warm humid area and will grow very quickly if these conditions are met. Combine that with it’s hardiness and you’re picking one of the best tarantulas available today!

The Fear Not team have been trying to get me to offer “Mystery” species for months. Since we have had several requests for this, here it is! Please keep in mind that only those who have some experience keeping tarantulas should purchase a Mystery Spider."
"Rachael’s Righteous Arachnid

This totally tubular tarantula sports rad colors from its fangs to its feet from slinghood to adulthood. These beautiful terrestrial creatures reach an impressive size of nearly 7 inches, and are sure to wow your crew, and induce many exclamations of “far out” and “sick” when they see your neat-o spider.

Righteous arachnids are easy to keep, and will stay out in the open most of the time, so you and your homeys will get to enjoy this spider’s groovy looks often!

Trust me, these gorgeous dudes and dudettes are an essential addition to any dope tarantula collection, and you fo-sho won’t regret adding a Rachael’s Righteous Arachnid to yours!"

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
It would be side splitting if it was an unload of surplus LP’s.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Myles’ MVP Tarantula
I’m thinking maybe some sort of Pokie.
Dapper Dam
Again, thinking G. pulchra.
Brandon’s Mysterious Brown Tarantula
I was initially thinking P. cancerides, but after seeing what the sling looks like, It’s definitely not a cancerides. Maybe G. rosea? I feel like they don’t get large enough to fit the description though...
Holly’s Personable Peach
When I initially read this one, I was for sure it was an Avic/ex Avic due to the classification part. After they added the little tidbit that it’s an OW however, I’m not so sure what it is.
Rachael’s Righteous Arachnid
I have no idea, the description gives me no clues except for the fact that it’s totally tubular and a good display t. A geniculata?

cold blood

Staff member
Brandon’s Mysterious Brown Tarantula
Sounds like G. pulchripes to me
Dapper Dam (pronounced “dame”)
could be GBB, but even as a sling this would be exceedingly obvious...so I will guess A. seemani...or pulcra
Holly’s Personable Peach
I guess H. mac
Myles’ MVP Tarantula
Definitely a pokie..but again, this would be very obvious if you received one.

Many pokies are pretty purple...fasciata or subfusca come to mind....could be metallica, but they describe purples, and mets are more blue.

Last edited:

Paul Mason

Arachnopeon
By looking at their prices and sizes on her website of current stock, i believe Brandon's brown to be a rose hair or texas brown, I strongly believe Dapper dam is a B. Vagans, the pulchra does not fit the price range she gave and the species description for the vagans on the website says "I think of an elegant tarantula dressed for a formal event.". I'm pretty certain MVP is pokie, MVP might be a play on words and the P might stand for poecilotheria. If i had to guess which one, i would say maybe a tigrinawesseli. Holly's is in the arboreal section and a newer species so my only guess is Phormingocilus Carpenteri. Rachael's is quite hard to guess, but granted that we know it gets around 7" and shows colours as a sling, I'm guessing a N. Chromatus.

Last edited:

tarantulaguns

Arachnopeon
By looking at their prices and sizes on her website of current stock, i believe Brandon's brown to be a rose hair or texas brown, I strongly believe Dapper dam is a B. Vagans, the pulchra does not fit the price range she gave and the species description for the vagans on the website says "I think of an elegant tarantula dressed for a formal event.". I'm pretty certain MVP is pokie, MVP might be a play on words and the P might stand for poecilotheria. If i had to guess which one, i would say maybe a tigrinawesseli. Holly's is in the arboreal section and a newer species so my only guess is Phormingocilus Carpenteri. Rachael's is quite hard to guess, but granted that we know it gets around 7" and shows colours as a sling, I'm guessing a N. Chromatus.
I bet my money it's A. Geniculata after receiving mine.

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
The only one I am close at guessing would be Holly’s Personable Peach. I just got it in the mail the other day and it’s hard to tell but I’m pretty confident it’s a phormingochilus sp

Paul Mason

Arachnopeon
Which one do you think is the genic? I adore my genic such a beast of a spider.
Rachel's, my guess is the N. Chromatus because the hint says it reaches 7", which it does reach 7", but it could be an A. Geniculata because they reach 8".

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ordered "Myles MVP" and am hoping it is L. violaceopes. :)