Mystery spider jackpot!

Amsferguson

Arachnopeon
AE09C06A-70F0-4C3F-A854-53C8C766C7A0.jpeg I ordered all three mystery spiders from FearNot Tarantulas and I’m like 99.999999% sure that Holly’s is a P. Victorii, I can already see the bi-colors!!! ❤❤ What a flippin’ deal!!! Only $50 and it came with an enclosure. We were speculating it might be a Victorii, but didn’t think they’d actually make that pricey of a spider a mystery spider. I think maybe Myles is an A. moderatum and I’m clueless on Damien’s. Any guesses?? Pic of tiny sling is Damian’s. Couldn’t get a pic of Myles’. 3CA82041-0D72-4C3A-AEA3-E4A5A9CB8531.jpeg

Amsferguson

Arachnopeon
I told myself I wouldn't add to the collection but... P. victori for 50 bucks, you're all enablers I swear!
LOL It was listed as a mystery NW arboreal....so it could have ended up being an avic or Irminia. All of us who ordered just got super lucky!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
LOL It was listed as a mystery NW arboreal....so it could have ended up being an avic or Irminia. All of us who ordered just got super lucky!
What’s a mystery T ? I never saw that before does dealer lIke mix em up forget what they are??

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
What’s a mystery T ? I never saw that before does dealer lIke mix em up forget what they are??
It's kind of like a spider grab bag, they know what you're getting but you don't. They will tell you if it's NW or OW, arboreal or terrestrial and sometimes a short description. It's like a spider surprise :)

Amsferguson

Arachnopeon
Like Draconis said, it’s like a promo thing they do, mostly just for fun. This time there was a “precious NW arboreal”, a “gold rush NW bulky terrestrial” and an “allure NW slow growing terrestrial”. The descriptions were longer than that, but you get the point. All spiders are $50 each and come with an enclosure. They run it for a couple weeks and I think they do it every few months. FearNotTarantulas.com

Holy crap, turns out Damien’s is an A. bicoloratum!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaire

Arachnolurker
I very nearly made these purchases because they all said new world, but did not because they also said mystery spiders we're not for beginners :(

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I want to try this, now that I know you don't end up with: somewhat uncommon T - B. vagans - LP.

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
I still regret not getting in on Damien's when it was a g. pulchra. I friggin KNEW it was that and yet I talked myself out of it.

theDHill

Arachnopeon
It looks like they have October's Mystery Ts available now, but I have sneaking suspicion that one of them may be a true spider instead of a T... a pretty rad one nonetheless...
I've seen the past mystery spider reveals and I think I'm taking the plunge this month.

Amsferguson

Arachnopeon
It looks like they have October's Mystery Ts available now, but I have sneaking suspicion that one of them may be a true spider instead of a T... a pretty rad one nonetheless...
I've seen the past mystery spider reveals and I think I'm taking the plunge this month.
I’m surprised they are doing another one so soon! I’d go for it! I mean, I won’t go for it because I’m up to like 20 T’s and I don’t want my husband to leave me. But you should totally go for it, it’s so much fun!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yall are making it so tempting to order mystery Ts!

I’m surprised they are doing another one so soon! I’d go for it! I mean, I won’t go for it because I’m up to like 20 T’s and I don’t want my husband to leave me. But you should totally go for it, it’s so much fun!
Only 20? You need a new husband :p

Kat1205

Arachnopeon
Do they usually come with containers or how do you know what type of container to set up? Imagine that's part of why they say not for newbies since supplies might not be on hand.

theDHill

Arachnopeon
Do they usually come with containers or how do you know what type of container to set up? Imagine that's part of why they say not for newbies since supplies might not be on hand.
I'm pretty sure that each Mystery spider comes with a habitat but that being said, I don't think there are any specifications for living parameters included (temp, humidity, etc.). They only announce the species after the contest is over.

I have 4 of Justin's mystery spiders in my cart right now and I am fairly certain that I have it narrowed down to 1 genus and 2 species in particular that it could be, either of which I think would be a pretty solid investment. I think I have Damian's and Holly's figured out too but I am not 100% certain on them either, and as for Myles', I think I have it down to 3 species (all in different genus) but once again, I am not sure. I am not super familiar with which New World Genus' are considered more fossorial than others. :bookworm:

Either way, I do not want to be the guy who is a spoiler and from what I've seen, it looks like no matter which mystery spider someone were to pick, it looks like it'll be healthy and well cared for and an awesome addition to any collection.

Kat1205

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty sure that each Mystery spider comes with a habitat but that being said, I don't think there are any specifications for living parameters included (temp, humidity, etc.). They only announce the species after the contest is over.

I have 4 of Justin's mystery spiders in my cart right now and I am fairly certain that I have it narrowed down to 1 genus and 2 species in particular that it could be, either of which I think would be a pretty solid investment. I think I have Damian's and Holly's figured out too but I am not 100% certain on them either, and as for Myles', I think I have it down to 3 species (all in different genus) but once again, I am not sure. I am not super familiar with which New World Genus' are considered more fossorial than others. :bookworm:

Either way, I do not want to be the guy who is a spoiler and from what I've seen, it looks like no matter which mystery spider someone were to pick, it looks like it'll be healthy and well cared for and an awesome addition to any collection.

Still too new to figure them out, feel free to message me if you're willing and clue me in, I will likely be seeing FNT in person on Saturday.