1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Naked Apeuthes EGG

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by mickiem, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    i found a naked egg in my Thai Rainbows home in September. In a few weeks, I had pedelings. But the egg was huge - 1.4 mm and it was naked. Apeuthes encase their eggs in fecal pellets and are closer to 1 mm. I really don’t think a fertilizer pellet could find its way to my home (I don’t use them or products that contain them). I would be shocked to find my carelessness landed an egg from a neighbors enclosure. I don’t even share food amongst enclosures. Once in, it stays in. This is the third one I have found! I gave it its own home now and I can’t wait to see what becomes of it.

2. mickiem

3. mickiem

A place to call her own DF27DFC2-80AE-4DB3-A2B0-1D90CA59183F.jpeg

• Love Love x 1
  4. mickiem

The Millipede Supervisor says we don’t need no more stinkin kids! 2E9AB20A-A70D-4110-915F-C7112599D97E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  5. desmess3000

desmess3000 Arachnopeon

THE EGG! Lol

Can't wait to see what ya got there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. davehuth

davehuth Arachnosquire Active Member

Hey @mickiem , did this ever hatch? Sorry if you mentioned in a different thread and I missed it...

7. mickiem

No! It turned darker and shriveled. I am pretty certain it was an egg. We may never unravel the mystery of the naked egg!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Elytra and Antenna

Elytra and Antenna Arachnoking Old Timer

USA