Mysterious Death

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I knew something was up when I smelled the faint scent of death. I examined my 8 legged children and found one of my A. metallica girls dead. She molted, which seems odd to me since it has only been 6 months or so since her last molt and she is full grown. The old exo is resting on top of her big driftwood stick. I'm thinking she may have molted ad fallen down to her death.

I have always been worried about this one, she almost never ate anything and has looked kinda rough since I got her in September 2016. Pictures will come soon.

Last edited:

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
One thing I'm not sure about though. The T was laying fangs up and a good 6-7 inches away from the stick. If she fell I don't think she died instantly.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I knew something was up when I smelled the faint scent of death. I examined my 8 legged children and found one of my A. metallica girls dead. She molted, which seems odd to me since it has only been 6 months or so since her last molt and she is full grown. The old exo is resting on top of her big driftwood stick. I'm thinking she may have molted ad fallen down to her death.

I have always been worried about this one, she almost never ate anything and has looked kinda rough since I got her in September 2016. Pictures will come soon.
I lost an adult female A.geroldi in a similar fashion as yours.. She had molted 3 months prior..She seemed fine after her molt.. Something had to of been wrong internally though. She molted again last month after only 3 months ( it's probably worth adding that this female had been molting about every 18 months or so for the last three years) .. I found her dead an inch away from her molt.. No death curl and still very plump.. It was like she molted early to try and repair herself but it didn't help..

Yours may have fallen or it could of had internal molting issues..