User Mygale's photo thread

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Amazing shots!!

Which lens are you using for the really high magnification shots?

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
@mygale I've been wondering about how you get the 5x and 10x shots. That is great you posted pictures of your camera setup. It would be really cool though to see your lighting setup for the various types of pictures.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

mygale

Arachnoknight
@viper69 Thanks! That reminds me.

The Art & Science of Arachnids by mygale, auf Flickr

The Art & Science of Arachnids...an arachnid exhibit about PEOPLE.
It is the largest touring exhibit of arachnids in the United States!

Now at Exploration Works, Helena, MT and then Science Central in Fort Wayne, in January 2018.

The Art & Science of Arachnids features 3 themed cubes which hold 100 live arachnids. The Science Cube discusses arachnids that are not spiders or scorpions, deadly spiders of North America, and arachnids in medicine. The Arts Cube illustrates the connection we have with arachnids in film, literature, and music. In addition to interesting facts on arachnid contributions to science, culture, and the arts, there are several hands-on activities including musical arachnids, a spider laboratory, and a predator-prey technology table.

It also features 10 macro images of mine presented in a little art gallery, including a biography about myself.

You can find many more images and information here:
www.build4impact.com/art--science-of-arachnids.html
www.explorationworks.org/exhibits/the-art-science-of-arac...

Best thing: "The framer was amazed and gave us a huge discount because the photos are so incredible."

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 Thanks! That reminds me.

The Art & Science of Arachnids by mygale, auf Flickr

The Art & Science of Arachnids...an arachnid exhibit about PEOPLE.
It is the largest touring exhibit of arachnids in the United States!

Now at Exploration Works, Helena, MT and then Science Central in Fort Wayne, in January 2018.

The Art & Science of Arachnids features 3 themed cubes which hold 100 live arachnids. The Science Cube discusses arachnids that are not spiders or scorpions, deadly spiders of North America, and arachnids in medicine. The Arts Cube illustrates the connection we have with arachnids in film, literature, and music. In addition to interesting facts on arachnid contributions to science, culture, and the arts, there are several hands-on activities including musical arachnids, a spider laboratory, and a predator-prey technology table.

It also features 10 macro images of mine presented in a little art gallery, including a biography about myself.

You can find many more images and information here:
www.build4impact.com/art--science-of-arachnids.html
www.explorationworks.org/exhibits/the-art-science-of-arac...

Best thing: "The framer was amazed and gave us a huge discount because the photos are so incredible."

Most impressive, thanks for this info I shall look it up, and visit should it be near me. How'd you learn of it and get your images accepted etc?

mygale

Arachnoknight
How'd you learn of it and get your images accepted etc?
It's the other way around, they contact me and ask for my fees and permission. I send the price list and they pick the images based on their budget. If it's an older image I say no or recreate it in better quality, that happened at both exhibitions.

So far everyone contacted me, all the current exhibitions, upcoming ones, licenses for T-Shirts, so on. I've never done any advertising to gain new clients or asked someone if they like to buy something. That's the way it goes in (professional) macro photography.

Last edited by a moderator: