my worst month ever

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
i just lost my 4.5inches g.rosea because some stray cat knocked her enclosure off for two consecutive times. found her yesterday on the floor on our spare room outdoor. think she was ok then because shes kinda active back when i pick her, then i leave and make sure that i have had locked the door and windows but then again when my cousin or somebody went into the room(it was a utility room btw) and forgot to close it the stupid cat knocked the same enclosure and this time after 24hours shes dead:(

and to add up my misery just last 2 weeks my 4inches a.geniculata molted and matured into a small adult, yes a stunted growth..... thus i call him my "dwarf giant":?

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
and to add up my misery just last 2 weeks my 4inches a.geniculata molted and matured into a small adult, yes a stunted growth..... thus i call him my "dwarf giant" :?

You should breed it and see if it creates baby dwarf A. geniculatas! I'd love one. :razz:
..But all joking aside, sorry you're having a bad month.

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Simple, should just shoot the cat. They're the pesky pets. Tarantulas just mind their own business while cats get all up in your business. hahaha.

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i agree, get rid of the cat
I find dogs are worse? No one agrees, but dogs are always in your face with their stinky breath, demanding constant attention.

I agree, cats just have to go knock over everything though -- especially young cats.

That's why I do ferrets as a companion animal -- all the fun of a cat or dog but when playtime is over they go back in their cage. (I'd let them have my whole room to live in if they weren't a danger to themselves!)

But I am missing something in your story. A 'stray cat' was in your house...why?

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You could always get a T.blondi and feed the cat to it! {D

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
stray cats

oh yeah on the stray cat issue, i live in the Philippines and stray cats are as common as seeing seeing birds fly in the sky they scavenge from house to house and if they kinda like it they would stay for good and never leave. they find the spare room quite a cozy place for hanging out specially rainy seasons. and believe me we've tried all methods to get rid of em(not to the extent of killing or hurting them but only by not feeding them) but still they stay like pests.:?

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
You could always get a T.blondi and feed the cat to it! {D
2 years of keeping Ts but still T.Blondi is very rare here. never seen one here in personal except in the photos, wish i was there so that i can have a T.Blondi:?

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can relate. Just make sure you dont leave food for the cat to eat. Let the neighbors suffer! lol

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I smack the holy sh!t outta my cats when they go near the bookshelf. They haven't so much as looked at it in months!!! {D

Rick & Brandy

Arachnopeon
Soooo Sorry!!!!

I feel 4 u. Here is a hint, for cats, and even dogs, get a spray bottle! I have found it works to spray them, they seem to learn and remember it! They hate it, but it works on our 3 cats and 4 dogs. Has never worked on the rabbits, they just look at you like your crazy and go back to whatever they were doing. Good Luck!:)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My cat used to be a problem but now he never touches them.
He only throw my pecils off my desk when I fail feeding him :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm sorry about the rosea, but I have to say, that's hardly a bad month.

I lost my best friend, my grandmother, and my job within 5 months of each other. My best friend and grandmother were a month and a half apart.

I'd definitely find a way to keep the cat(s) out. It's not like they know any better, so I think killing them is a little over the top.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Feed your cat to your a.geniculata

Your a.geniculata is obviously upset and wants revenge for the death of his friend g.rosea and has refused to molt into a normal sized a.geniculata. Feed your cat to your a.geniculata and the next time it molts it will molt into a good sized a.geniculata. Hope this helps ;) .

peace.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
thanks for your replies i really appreciate it. what makes me sad is my rosy was with me since it was a little bugger and it takes patience and understanding when it comes to feeding it, the months when she decides to do fasting :8o tsk tsk tsk. the only thing that bugs me is the freakin cat, he knocked the enclosure off 2 times without even knocking the other tanks beside it. maybe he has some weird grudge on my rosy, the poor thing was on semi death crawl when i found her and died eventually.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
Your a.geniculata is obviously upset and wants revenge for the death of his friend g.rosea and has refused to molt into a normal sized a.geniculata. Feed your cat to your a.geniculata and the next time it molts it will molt into a good sized a.geniculata. Hope this helps ;) .

peace.
cant expect it to molt again coz it molted into a mature male geniculata, yes stunted mature male thus "dwarf giant"