1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Uroplectes Family

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Scorpionluva, Oct 5, 2017.

1. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    Sorry, that wasn't all that specific was it? Definitely struggling with words without the coffee today lol :dead:. I've had a couple species in the past that were too small, so I'd mortally wound a roach (usually tear it in half so it's an appropriate size) and feed those to the slings. Worked incredibly well with my Liocheles and some of the arboreal buthids. Roach still twitches enough to be interesting so the scorps will usually go for them. One of my Liocheles got greedy after a couple molts and would grab a half in each claw before running off to eat.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scorpionluva

Scorpionluva Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

PA
    no worries i figured thats what ya meant by it. Ive had a colony of lateralis for awhile so even though its rough trying to find all the 1 day olds in the tub to use for feeders i never had to rip them apart and feed that way

3. brolloks

brolloks Arachnobaron

ZA
    You have really beautiful Uroplectes. So much different from mine and I have some of the sames species ;)
    I recently had 60 little olivaceus, all from the same mom. She gave me two broods so far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scorpionluva

PA
    Wow 60 from any species of uroplectes is a HUGE brood ! Congrats
    Which area are yours from ? Mine are the Mozambique locale but im always looking for the other locales also

5. brolloks

brolloks Arachnobaron

ZA
    My olivaceus are from an area called Marloth Park in Mpumalanga province ZA

6. Scorpionluva

PA
    Ahh you have the "RSA" locale which is the locale ive been looking for. Less brown and yellow colors on them but appear blue in right light or at certain instars unless the pics i saw of them were altered but still thats an enormous brood so again Congrats !

7. brolloks

brolloks Arachnobaron

ZA
    Thanks
    They do actually look blue under the right light.

Here is a picture of the mother with her first brood:
    http://arachnoboards.com/gallery/uroplectes-olivaceus.40674/

She had about 40+ in this brood and dropped a second brood about 3-4 months later

8. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

9. Stenodactylus

Stenodactylus Arachnosquire

Love Uroplectes! Great pictures! Do you have adult U. otjimbinguensis?

10. Scorpionluva

PA
    Thanks i love them too :)
    Unfortunately i only have (3) 3i U. Otjimbinguensis so far but looking for more !