My Tylobolus

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I haven’t had these very long but I love them! They eat pretty much anything. I think their colors are beautiful. When I feed cucumbers, I always slice the ends kind of big and put them in enclosures with a heavy population so I can see this! Thought I'd share my silly indulgence with you on this cold Ohio day! DB5AF476-DA85-4080-85C3-5510F98D954C.jpeg A86498EF-6524-440F-8A78-F98DB41F6F6A.jpeg

Last edited:

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire
These are stunning i love the brown (looks brown to me i may be wrong) and pinkish red bands they are just beautiful. I'm so jealous FL department of agriculture needs to respond to my email so i can get my permit and more millipedes :happy:.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
we have some really neat pedes here on the pacific coast, the coolest ones are up north, like paeromopus, a very striking genus.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Like Narceus but West Coast! So pretty, hope you get eggs soon.
They are mature so I hope so, too! The species is unknown, but they were collected near San Joaquin. I think they may be T. castaneus. What do you think?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
we have some really neat pedes here on the pacific coast, the coolest ones are up north, like paeromopus, a very striking genus.
I haven't seen those. I just looked them up - very pretty. Are they easy to keep? Some are pretty big.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I haven't seen those. I just looked them up - very pretty. Are they easy to keep? Some are pretty big.
they're different in habitat and food preference, most julids dont eat wood and mostly scavenge, many like paeromopus prefer conifer forest, and likely subsist mostly on fungi.

davehuth

Arachnoknight
Dang, those Paeromopus are cool. The narrowing behind the head is interesting. Like a drumstick!

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Paeromopus are very cool and can get bigger than some morphs of Orthoporus but I have heard they need cool temps and have dietary quirks. A community tank with Paeromopus, some of the California polydesmids, and a few Tylobolus would be quite nice!

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a couple a while ago. They did well for a while and ate fruits and dog food for me. Unfortunately they dropped dead when temperature got above 78F

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I had a couple a while ago. They did well for a while and ate fruits and dog food for me. Unfortunately they dropped dead when temperature got above 78F
I tried keeping Californiulus yosemitensis which were collected in the same habitat I also found Paeromopus sp. Same thing happened with mine.

@mickiem Glad the Tylobolus are doing well! Expect babies soon :)