User My Two Beauties

Dawnie

Arachnopeon
These are my first and only two T's, my A. avicularia and my A. seemanni. I'm absolutely in love with them!

My avic, Grundy is a little bit grumpy and a suspected male. My seemanni, Sleipnir is very gentle and a suspected female. Both are my beginner species as that I've only just recently gotten them, so I'm still learning every day even after logging hours upon hours of research!

Please note that the enclosure for the avic was just temporary, and we have a more permanent home now that I'm getting ready to improve soon.
20181218_123538.jpg 20190203_200739.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
These are my first and only two T's, my A. avicularia and my A. seemanni. I'm absolutely in love with them!

My avic, Grundy is a little bit grumpy and a suspected male. My seemanni, Sleipnir is very gentle and a suspected female. Both are my beginner species as that I've only just recently gotten them, so I'm still learning every day even after logging hours upon hours of research!

Please note that the enclosure for the avic was just temporary, and we have a more permanent home now that I'm getting ready to improve soon.
View attachment 299342 View attachment 299343
Does your A. seemanni have enough substrate? Looks a bit shallow from what I can gather. If I'm wrong I apologise. :)

And post some pictures of your Avic's enclosure once it is ready. I'd love to see it. :)

Both are beautiful! Congrats! :)

Dawnie

Arachnopeon
Does your A. seemanni have enough substrate? Looks a bit shallow from what I can gather. If I'm wrong I apologise. :)

And post some pictures of your Avic's enclosure once it is ready. I'd love to see it. :)

Both are beautiful! Congrats! :)
Yeah, I think my A. seemanni might need another inch or so of substrate now that you mention it.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I think my A. seemanni might need another inch or so of substrate now that you mention it.
How much substrate is there? If you like you can post a picture of the whole enclosure.

Dawnie

Arachnopeon
How much substrate is there? If you like you can post a picture of the whole enclosure.
There was only about 3" of substrate, so I put more in, and it looks much better. I ended up having to mix organic top soil (peat) with coco fiber because it was what I had left over from my tegu's nesting box.
20190204_114052.jpg 20190204_114422.jpg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It looks pretty good! But the more sub the better! Good luck with the spiders!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
There was only about 3" of substrate, so I put more in, and it looks much better. I ended up having to mix organic top soil (peat) with coco fiber because it was what I had left over from my tegu's nesting box.
View attachment 299355 View attachment 299356
I think it looks good for the moment. You can top it up when you rehouse her. :)
Just to make sure... is that a whole pot or is it cut in half? Because it should be cut in half, so your T will be able to expand its burrow downwards.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome to forum.

Post pic of Avic setup when finished.

Chlosephine

Arachnopeon

View attachment 299342 View attachment 299343
Your babies are beautiful, great spiders!I have some of the same.I love them as well!!
I want to get two more A avicularia so I can have a little spider pile! That is my favorite thing about that species, more than one can live together. So cool. Enjoy your beautiful spiders, it's cool you're semmani is out and about. My guy hides, he's been holed up for months now.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Your babies are beautiful, great spiders!I have some of the same.I love them as well!!
I want to get two more A avicularia so I can have a little spider pile! That is my favorite thing about that species, more than one can live together. So cool. Enjoy your beautiful spiders, it's cool you're semmani is out and about. My guy hides, he's been holed up for months now.
Those two that you have are Mature Males. Are you breeding those? They won't live much longer since they are at max maturity.
more than one can live together.
Not true, A. avicularia are not communal.

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
yeah, Chlosephine, I think you've got some mature males, make the most out of the rest of their lives. And please don't keep Avics together!!