MY turn to build a back drop

kev48584

Arachnopeon
I'm curious is this foam good to use in humid environments? i want to do this and add silicone on top and add coco fiber for it to look nice to a singapore blue tarantula environment and since these gives like it 75+ humidity

---------- Post added 09-10-2012 at 02:04 PM ----------

I'm curious if this will be okay with humid environments or not? i want to do this kind of project on my singapore blue tarantula enclosure. i was thinking of adding silicone and covering it up with coco fiber. what is this stuff called??? or where can i get this stuff at? home depot?? if you or anyone can reply that would be amazingg! thank you :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@kev

Yes, foam is good in humid environments. Great stuff foam is meant to be used in door and window gaps/cracks to stop water and such. It was created with the intent to fare well against elements.
My ornata is still living in this enclosure, and back in January she dropped a sack containing 179 eggs in it. This tank was pretty humid throughout the majority of that time.

To anybody reading this, STAY TUNED. Keep in mind this was only my first attempt at building a custom enclosure (other than a few robc style lids) and i have a couple projects coming in the near future.
I may be doing a giant 10 gal or 20gal long enclosure soon as well as a few 2.5 and 5gals.
I will be browsing this whole subforum for cool ideas, and looking elsewhere as well. Id really like some real slick setups for a few of my OW arboreals. Possibly some live plants too