My Tokay gecko.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I love the glare he gives them before snapping one up :D reminds me of the way my male Leo eats his

basin79

ArachnoGod
I love the glare he gives them before snapping one up :D reminds me of the way my male Leo eats his
Leo's are phenomenal to watch eating. The tail rattle and that "smile" they give. They look really chuffed about what they've just devoured.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Leo's are phenomenal to watch eating. The tail rattle and that "smile" they give. They look really chuffed about what they've just devoured.
For some reason, only my female does the tail shake and only with crickets. Apollo (Male) just stares the food down like Zeus, then chomps away. Then again, he is a big fella and doesn't chase down food like Arya does. I think I posted a video of her and the tail wag in my non-tarantula thread... If not I really should

basin79

ArachnoGod
For some reason, only my female does the tail shake and only with crickets. Apollo (Male) just stares the food down like Zeus, then chomps away. Then again, he is a big fella and doesn't chase down food like Arya does. I think I posted a video of her and the tail wag in my non-tarantula thread... If not I really should
You should post more vids anyway if you're willing and able.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
You should post more vids anyway if you're willing and able.
Definitely willing, my phone is not the best at recording, or maybe I just don't have a steady hand lol I am still learning how to use my brand new DSLR though. Once I figure that out I might even be able to post some good quality videos. Since you post so many, how do you manage to feed tarantulas and hold the camera at the same time? I am always so focused on feeding that the angle gets skewed away.

EDIT: Just remembered that I did not post the video because I have to upload to youtube first lol One of these days I will have to find time to sit at the computer and upload all of my videos.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Definitely willing, my phone is not the best at recording, or maybe I just don't have a steady hand lol I am still learning how to use my brand new DSLR though. Once I figure that out I might even be able to post some good quality videos. Since you post so many, how do you manage to feed tarantulas and hold the camera at the same time? I am always so focused on feeding that the angle gets skewed away.
I use my phone to record videos and my camera to take pics.

Some of my vids are absolutely terrible. The ones I can use both hands are OK though as I can easily tap the screen to focus, increase/decrease the flash and zoom.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I use my phone to record videos and my camera to take pics.

Some of my vids are absolutely terrible. The ones I can use both hands are OK though as I can easily tap the screen to focus, increase/decrease the flash and zoom.
So far all of yours I've seen have been great. Though I definitely know what you mean, using both hands is easier for me. I've occasionally had the wife do the recording when I'm handling some of the more intense or sensitive activities. She tends to watch with her eyes not the camera however lol